Adding libs to my project and using them

• hi guys!

here are the file that i have:

• winfis.lib
    • winfis32.dll
    • winfis.h

the thing is that i dont know how to include them into my proyect so i can use the functions inside winfis.h

i read the documentation (i`m working on windows XP, Qt SKD 4.7.4 minGW) so i tried, but failing to exec in Qt environment qmake, mingw32-make..

i tried adding to my .pro file this (an example)
    @INCLUDEPATH += "C:\Documents and Settings\home\Escritorio\L..."

LIBS += -L"C:\Docume..."@

with no luck. Hope someone can point me in the right direction. Thank you all in advance.

• @

The directory which contains winfis.h

INCLUDEPATH += "C:/Documents and Settings/user/path/include"

The directory which contains winfis.lib

LIBS += -L"C:/Documents and Settings/user/path/lib" -lwinfis
    @

Both directories may be the same.

The DLL must be in a directory that is included in the regular search path. It should be sufficient to put it into the directory that contains your program's .exe file.

BTW: Note the use of forward slashes, qmake automagically replaces them with backslashes if needed by the operating system.

• So i shouldn`t run the command mingw32-make (in Qt Environment) to the folders where i have this files?

• Ahm, no. Why should you? If you have a DLL and a .lib, I would expect that the library is built already, no?

• So right i was just checking :P i ll keep you posted when errors came up :D

• [quote author="KillGabio" date="1328036058"]here are the file that i have:

• winfis.lib
    • winfis32.dll
    • winfis.h
      i read the documentation (i`m working on windows XP, Qt SKD 4.7.4 minGW) so i tried, but failing to exec in Qt environment qmake, mingw32-make..
      [/quote]

I think the problem is, that you are using mingw
    xxx.lib is a format that comes from MS compiler toolchain. I am not sure, if mingw can red them, if they are pure C (I don't think so). If they are c++, they are definitly incompatible.

If they are C, you need to use late binding or need a mingw compatible link library.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.