QTestLib and signal emission.

• I am not sure whats wrong here.. shouldn't QTest::mouseClick emit a signal ?

@void FinallyTest::testCase1()
    {
    QCheckBox tmp;
    tmp.show();

QSignalSpy spy(&tmp, SIGNAL(clicked(bool)));

QTest::mouseClick( &tmp, Qt::LeftButton ); // simulates signal emision ???

QCOMPARE(spy.count(), 1);

}@

FAIL! : FinallyTest::testCase1() Compared values are not the same

Actual (spy.count()): 0
    Expected (1): 1

• According to the source code for QTest::mouseClick which is:

@switch (action)
    {
    case MousePress:
    me = QMouseEvent(QEvent::MouseButtonPress, pos, widget->mapToGlobal(pos), button, button, stateKey);
    break;

case MouseRelease:
        me = QMouseEvent(QEvent::MouseButtonRelease, pos, widget->mapToGlobal(pos), button, 0, stateKey);
        break;

case MouseDClick:
        me = QMouseEvent(QEvent::MouseButtonDblClick, pos, widget->mapToGlobal(pos), button, button, stateKey);
        break;

case MouseMove:
        QCursor::setPos(widget->mapToGlobal(pos));
        qApp->processEvents();
        return;

default:
        QTEST_ASSERT(false);

}@

it uses QMouseEvent, so I would think that no signal is emitted, but QMouseEvent is generated.

• Great, thanks for the good explanation.

I see that this is excellent way how to investigate problems (and learn more deeply Qt source). I am kind of new to programming, no real experience - university does not count in my opinion =) Maybe or (and others as well) can explain me how to properly browse through Qt modules?

For now i see that each module has *.pro file so i can open each module in Qt Creator as project. Seems fine, but just in case - is there any better way?

Also i am not clear in which file did you find the source code for QTest::mouseClick? in .\qt\src\testlib\ I can see the qtest.h file but not the qtest.cpp ?

Thanks in advance.

• [quote author="Thanatos" date="1287584432"]
    I see that this is excellent way how to investigate problems (and learn more deeply Qt source). I am kind of new to programming, no real experience - university does not count in my opinion =) Maybe or (and others as well) can explain me how to properly browse through Qt modules?

For now i see that each module has *.pro file so i can open each module in Qt Creator as project. Seems fine, but just in case - is there any better way?
    [/quote]

University, I wish I could go to the university again. Just love that time. Anyway, I don't know how to describe the better way. It's just everyone is doing this in his own and more convenient way. I'll tell you how I do it. I read Qt's source code if I have some problems or if I don't understand completely, the way something works. Getting to know Qt modules starts for me from getting to know its API.

[quote author="Thanatos" date="1287584432"]
    Also i am not clear in which file did you find the source code for QTest::mouseClick? in .\qt\src\testlib\ I can see the qtest.h file but not the qtest.cpp ?

Thanks in advance. [/quote]
    I found it in this file src/testlib/qtestmouse.h. The implementation of mouseClick is in this header. You will find several signatures for it.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.