DLL problems

• I've created a shared library using Qt Creator( added QtCore and QtGui support ) but when I try to use this dll( I create an instance of a class from that dll ) into another app I'm getting app.exe exited with code -1073741515 at runtime and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I added in my app .pro file the path to the dll:
    LIBS += "E:\Sorin\TestingQt\GUIComponents-build-desktop\debug\GUIComponents.dll"

• If I'm adding the .dll to my folder app it's working but when I'm specifying the path to it I'm getting the error form above :(

• Hi,

I don't think that in your executable the specified path of the DLL will be used. So you should store the DLL together with the executable, or copy it in a directory contained in your PATH environment variable.

Tony.

• yes, that's the problem, the exe file doesn't know were to look for my dll, LIBS += path is used only at compile time. Thanks!

• If you're using Qt Creator, you can modify the PATH to use in the Run environment, adding the path to your DLLs there.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.