Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Can't open .qml file in Design Studio anymore

• Since I updated the components with Qt maintenance tool, I can't open my .qml file in Design Studio anymore. The button is greyed out. I tried opening the file manually in Design Studio, but then it automatically launches the UI in fullscreen via the qml2puppet. I read here hat you need a .ui.qml file to open it in Design Studio. Not sure if I ever had one. If I did, I probably deleted it somehow.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Did you read https://www.qt.io/blog/qt-creator-6-released ?

The integrated Qt Quick Designer is now disabled by default. Qt Creator will open .ui.qml files in Qt Design Studio. This is a step towards a more integrated workflow between Qt Design Studio and Qt Creator (video). Qt Quick Designer is still there, you can manually enable it again by checking the QmlDesigner plugin in Help > About Plugins.

• Thanks! I did not. This solved it at least partly. Is Qt Quick deprecated or why is it disabled by default?

When I open the file in Design Studio now, the UI opens in fullscreen mode with three qml2puppet windows. I can't edit the UI in the form editor. Nothing is visible.

aec44980-a424-407d-8772-497504da5a13-grafik.png

It wasn't like this before.

How can I have it not open the UI? I only want to run it from Qt Creator.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@Christian-Ehrlicher said in Can't open .qml file in Design Studio anymore:

Qt Quick Designer is still there, you can manually enable it again by checking the QmlDesigner plugin in Help > About Plugins.

This should restore the old behavior. I don't use this so can't say more.

• The behavior is still different. It never opened three qml2puppet windows. I have never seen them before. Guess I need to make this unsolved again...

I think it is related to this old issue

https://askubuntu.com/questions/305192/qml2puppet-windows-appearing-in-qt-creator

Here is the terminal output:

❯ qtcreator
    Not implemented in FakeVim
    "Previously SDK provided CMakeTool \"/opt/Qt/Tools/CMake/bin/cmake\" (qt.tools.cmake) dropped."
    void QmlDesigner::readSharedMemory(qint32, QmlDesigner::ImageContainer&) Not able to create image: 0 0 0
    void QmlDesigner::readSharedMemory(qint32, QmlDesigner::ImageContainer&) Not able to create image: 0 0 0
    qt.gui.icc: fromIccProfile: failed size sanity 1
    Process "Preview" finished: with exitCode: 0
    QAbstractSocket::waitForBytesWritten() is not allowed in UnconnectedState
    QProcess: Destroyed while process ("/usr/lib/qtcreator/qml2puppet") is still running.
    QProcess: Destroyed while process ("/usr/lib/qtcreator/qml2puppet") is still running.

Can I somehow rollback to the old QtCreator with the maintenance tool? This is exremely annoying

Well, guess I have to create a new issue for this.