Installing for WinCE

• Hi

I am new at Qt and trying to install Qt for WinCE. I searched the forums for my problem but didn't see something quite like my problem.
    So:
    I followed the instructions here:
    http://developer.qt.nokia.com/wiki/Building-Qt-4.7.4-for-WindowsCE-StandardSDK

I try to install for VS2008, standard WinCE 5 SDK.

When doing:
    configure -platform win32-msvc2008 -xplatform wince50standard-armv4i-msvc2008 -release -D QT_NO_CURSOR=1 -qt-sql-sqlite

(I just changed QT_NO_CURSOR=1 to QT_NO_CURSOR=0 but this is not relevant to my problem, I think).

When it does the nmake I get in the end:

@Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.30729.01
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

cl -c -nologo -Zm200 -Zc:wchar_t- -O2 -MD -MP -W3 -w34100 -w34189 -DUNIC

ODE -DWIN32 -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_NO_CURSOR=0 -DQT_BOOTSTRAPPED -DQT_LITE_
    UNICODE -DQT_NO_CAST_FROM_ASCII -DQT_NO_CAST_TO_ASCII -DQT_NO_CODECS -DQT_NO_DAT
    ASTREAM -DQT_NO_GEOM_VARIANT -DQT_NO_LIBRARY -DQT_NO_QOBJECT -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO
    _SYSTEMLOCALE -DQT_NO_TEXTSTREAM -DQT_NO_THREAD -DQT_NO_UNICODETABLES -DQT_NO_US
    ING_NAMESPACE -DQT_NODLL -DQT_NO_DYNAMIC_CAST -I"......\include" -I"......\i
    nclude\QtCore" -I"......\include\QtXml" -I"....\3rdparty\zlib" -I"......\mk
    specs\win32-msvc2008" -Fotmp\obj\release_shared\ @C:\DOCUME~1\pinibz\LOCALS~1\Te
    mp\nm22B0.tmp
    cl : Command line warning D9002 : ignoring unknown option '-MP'
    qisciicodec.cpp
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\ce\include\crtdefs.h(106) : fata
    l error C1189: #error : ERROR: Use of C runtime library internal header file.
    qlatincodec.cpp
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\ce\include\crtdefs.h(106) : fata
    qsimplecodec.cpp
    qtextcodec.cpp
    C:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\wce500\STANDARDSDK_500\include\ARMV4I\winnt.h(

1. : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'ContextRecord
      '
      C:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\wce500\STANDARDSDK_500\include\ARMV4I\winnt.h(
    2. : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not su
      pport default-int
    3. : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not su
      pport default-int
      c:\qt\4.7.4ce\mkspecs\win32-msvc2008../win32-msvc2005/qplatformdefs.h(60) : fat
      al error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'io.h': No such file or directory
      qtsciicodec.cpp
      qutfcodec.cpp
      Generating Code...
      NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\ce
      bin\x86_arm\cl.EXE"' : return code '0x2'
      Stop.
      NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin
      \nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
      Stop.
      NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x2'
      Stop.
      Building src/tools failed, return code 2
      @

And obviously it looks like it failed.

Any idea?

thanks in advance.
    Pini

• Moderators

Welcome to devnet

The cross compilation I did used only "-D QT_NO_CURSOR" without assignment.

• Thanks.
    That would suggest that QT_NO_CURSOR will still be defined. I do want to use the cursor support. May I should just ommit this.
    I am not sure it's related to the nmake errors though.

• Moderators

Frankly, I do not know.

I have compiled Qt for WinCE 5 a while ago using msvc 2005. Besides the obvious differences for referencing msvc2005 I have used "-D QT_NO_CURSOR" only. So, you have added "-release" and "-qt-sql-sqlite".

After the configuration there is a batch called: "setcepaths wince50standard-armv4i-msvc2005"
    and the start of the nmake through the vs command prompt.

• Hi,

I met a similar problem and if you don't find the solution, please let's have a look in your environment var if you didn't define a QMAKESPEC var with a mkspecs which is not the target one. If QMAKESPEC is defined, the configure tool keeps the content of this var even if you specify a different -xplatform target on the configure cmdline. You may try to remove the QMAKESPEC or to give it the target mkspecs. It solved my problem.

Regards.
    David.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.