QT not recognizing win32 methods

• I am using functions like readregistryvalue from windows.h
    I wanted to know if this is the way it has to be done in Qt too, and I tried including windows.h but I am not able to do that anyideas as to how to include it .
    by the way i am using visual studio addin and my workspace is linked with 4.8.0 qt library

• You can use QSettings instead of windows registry functions...
    And by the way, if you use VS, you can use full power of windows SDK, just ensure what all paths & libs are set in the VS Project Properties...

I don't really understand why you can't include windows.h? What does compiler says about that?

• This usually works without any problems and is used internally in Qt too. What is your error?

• actually, I am having an error which says _T identifier not found, I am trying to convert from char * to LPCWSTR and tried including windows.h
    apart from that i incuded QString::toUtf8 to achieve from QString to QByteArray and that is also not actually working.

I am pretty sure its getting included because it should have thrown me an error which would be like header file not found, that is not the case here,.

• If you use RegGetValue from winapi, you need add library Advapi32.lib see "msdn":http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms724868(v=vs.85).aspx

p.s. some my code:
    @
    QString value(const QString &subKey)
    {
    TCHAR buff[1024] = {0};
    DWORD dwSize = sizeof(buff);

lError = RegQueryValueEx(hHandle, subKey.utf16(), NULL, NULL, (BYTE*)buff, &dwSize);

return QString::fromUtf16(reinterpret_cast<ushort*>(buff));

}
    @

• Have you set Character Set Project Properties?
    VS Project Property Page -> General -> Character Set.
    &
    Vs Property Page -> C/c++ -> Language -> Treat WChar_t As Built in Type should be No.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.