Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Unable to define a list of values shared across multiple QML files using a Singleton

• Good Morning to you all,

I'm unable to define a list of values shared across multiple QML files though I can't see where my fault is.
    My (attempted) solution is the following :

1. I'm defining a Singleton in a file named "EnumMessages.qml" which contains the following code:

pragma Singleton
      import QtQuick 2.5
      QtObject {
      id: singleton

[... snipped elements of the list ...]

property int _LNG_MSG_TITLE_SETTINGS : 18 

[... snipped elements of the list ...]

}

2. I'm trying to use it in a few other files.. Like this file "PageSetings.qml", that contains the following code:

import QtQuick 2.5;

import ".";

AbstractPage {
      id: _self;

[... snipped some code ...]

console.log("_LNG_MSG_TITLE_SETTINGS=", EnumMessages._LNG_MSG_TITLE_SETTINGS ) ;

The console.log above displays the following message :

qml: _LNG_MSG_TITLE_SETTINGS= undefined

Someone could please tell me what I'm getting wrong??

Thanks in advance for your help,

JLS

• @JL-SABATIER Just to check, did you register the singleton with qmlRegisterSingletonType ?

• Moderators

@JL-SABATIER
    to define a singleton with a QML file you also need to provide a qmldir file with a corresponding singleton line (when you import "." like you do in your snippet). For a cusstom import url see this

But when you are just after defining "static" int values you can also use enums in QML (since Qt 5.10 IIRC)

• Thank you very much for your help. That fixed my problems.

I may use enum values instead of that singleton. But I need to share these definitions among all QML pages, and to do so, I guess I'll have to declare this enum on the model side, in C++, where it is not needed ..

• Moderators

@JL-SABATIER said in Unable to define a list of values shared across multiple QML files using a Singleton:

I may use enum values instead of that singleton. But I need to share these definitions among all QML pages, and to do so, I guess I'll have to declare this enum on the model side, in C++,

no, just import the url the QML file with the enum is in