Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

[SOLVED] QMainWindow::QMainWindow: cannot access private member...

• Hi folks, I have this time a new problem with this code:
    @
    class MainWindow : public QMainWindow
    {
    Q_OBJECT

public:
                MainWindow(Qt::WindowFlags f = 0);

}; // <== Here, I get the problem.
    @

This code is working, because it is in DLL and it successfully compile it. But, when I try to compile an App which uses this code it says:

bq. C:\Projects\Project\MainWindow.h:17: error: C2248: 'QMainWindow::QMainWindow' : cannot access private member declared in class 'QMainWindow'

• I think, I know where is the problem. I am not able to use operator =, am I right?

• The code snippet is completely ok. Your error must be from somewhere else. As you have pasted only 7 lines, but your error is on line 17 (according to the pasted error message), there is something important missing from your snippet.

• There was just encapsulation into namespaces.
    Well, I am not able to copy that object with operator =... I had in code:
    @
    extern "C" {

DLL_EXPORT MainWindow exportMainWindow()
    {
    return MainWindow(0,0);
    }
    @

And in Application was code:
    @
    typedef MainWindow (*MainWindowHandler) ();
    MainWindowHandler mainWindow = (MainWindowHandler) lib->resolve("exportMainWindow");

MainWindow mW = mainWindow(); // <= copying object is not acceptable.
    // 'operator =' and Constructor() are private...
    @

• QObjects (and subclasses like QWidget) are unique entities - you cannot copy them.

• [[Doc:QObject]]s canot be passed as value types, but only as pointers:

@
    MainWindow* exportMainWindow()
    {
    return new MainWindow(0);
    }
    @

But be aware that you need to delete the object eventually, and - much more important - that you may run into memory management issues on Windows, especially when mixing C and C++ code across library boundaries. Watch out!

• @Volker: I am not mixing C and C++ code. Just QLibrary needs this addition to work fine (you mean "extern C" ?) because using CDECL as calling convention.