[SOLVED] QMainWindow::QMainWindow: cannot access private member...

• Hi folks, I have this time a new problem with this code:
    @
    class MainWindow : public QMainWindow
    {
    Q_OBJECT

public:
                MainWindow(Qt::WindowFlags f = 0);

}; // <== Here, I get the problem.
    @

This code is working, because it is in DLL and it successfully compile it. But, when I try to compile an App which uses this code it says:

bq. C:\Projects\Project\MainWindow.h:17: error: C2248: 'QMainWindow::QMainWindow' : cannot access private member declared in class 'QMainWindow'

• I think, I know where is the problem. I am not able to use operator =, am I right?

• The code snippet is completely ok. Your error must be from somewhere else. As you have pasted only 7 lines, but your error is on line 17 (according to the pasted error message), there is something important missing from your snippet.

• There was just encapsulation into namespaces.
    Well, I am not able to copy that object with operator =... I had in code:
    @
    extern "C" {

DLL_EXPORT MainWindow exportMainWindow()
    {
    return MainWindow(0,0);
    }
    @

And in Application was code:
    @
    typedef MainWindow (*MainWindowHandler) ();
    MainWindowHandler mainWindow = (MainWindowHandler) lib->resolve("exportMainWindow");

MainWindow mW = mainWindow(); // <= copying object is not acceptable.
    // 'operator =' and Constructor() are private...
    @

• QObjects (and subclasses like QWidget) are unique entities - you cannot copy them.

• [[Doc:QObject]]s canot be passed as value types, but only as pointers:

@
    MainWindow* exportMainWindow()
    {
    return new MainWindow(0);
    }
    @

But be aware that you need to delete the object eventually, and - much more important - that you may run into memory management issues on Windows, especially when mixing C and C++ code across library boundaries. Watch out!

• @Volker: I am not mixing C and C++ code. Just QLibrary needs this addition to work fine (you mean "extern C" ?) because using CDECL as calling convention.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.