Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

No member named 'stackedWidget' in Ui::MainWindow

• MainWindow is defined as follows:

MainWindow::MainWindow(QWidget *parent)
        : QMainWindow(parent)
        , ui(new Ui::MainWindow)
    {
        ui->setupUi(this);
    }

MainWindow::~MainWindow()
    {
        delete ui;
    }

void MainWindow::on_login_button_clicked()
    {
        ui->stackedWidget->setCurrentIndex(1);
    }

This is the error message:
    mainwindow.cpp:21: error: no member named 'stackedWidget' in 'Ui::MainWindow'

The following are warning messages:
    :-1: warning: Project WARNING: Qt has only been tested with version 10.15 of the platform SDK, you're using 11.1.
    :-1: warning: Project WARNING: This is an unsupported configuration. You may experience build issues, and by using
    :-1: warning: Project WARNING: the 11.1 SDK you are opting in to new features that Qt has not been prepared for.
    :-1: warning: Project WARNING: Please downgrade the SDK you use to build your app to version 10.15, or configure
    :-1: warning: Project WARNING: with CONFIG+=sdk_no_version_check when running qmake to silence this warning.
    :-1: warning: "/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/clang" is used by qmake, but "/usr/bin/clang" is configured in the kit.
    Please update your kit (Desktop Qt 5.15.2 clang 64bit) or choose a mkspec for qmake that matches your target environment better.
    :-1: warning: "/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/clang++" is used by qmake, but "/usr/bin/clang++" is configured in the kit.
    Please update your kit (Desktop Qt 5.15.2 clang 64bit) or choose a mkspec for qmake that matches your target environment better.

The solution I found on other forums was to clean the project, rebuild the qmake, the run in debug, this did not help.

Thank you,
    Arjun

• Lifetime Qt Champion

When the compiler says there there is no such member then I would guess it's right. Make sure that you really have such a widget in your ui file and that the ui_mainwindow.h is regenerated afterwards (delete it to be sure)

• Lifetime Qt Champion

When the compiler says there there is no such member then I would guess it's right. Make sure that you really have such a widget in your ui file and that the ui_mainwindow.h is regenerated afterwards (delete it to be sure)

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi
    Also check that none of the build files ended up in the project folder.

Did you try one of Creators' examples ? Can they run ?

Seems you are on macOS and using another Xcode/sdk than
    expected ?

• @Christian-Ehrlicher My apologies, I did not fully understand your answer.Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 11.48.07 AM.png
    Is this what you mean by have such a widget? And what do you mean regenerate the ui_mainwindow.h?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@arjun98
    Hi

• what do you mean regenerate the ui_mainwindow.h?

Delete any ui_xxx files in build folder (or just all files)
    make sure no ui_xxx files are in the project folder.
    Then run qmake from build menu

And then check file been recreated.

• This post is deleted!

• @mrjj Thank you

• @Christian-Ehrlicher Thank you, I had a typo in the widget name in the ui file which I was able to find in the ui_mainwindow.h file.