Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

In Qt Installer Framework, after installation is finished how do I run a batch file "with arguments"?

• To open a batch file after installation is finished, we use the following code:

Component.prototype.installationFinished = function()
    {
        QDesktopServices.openUrl("file:///" + installer.value("TargetDir") + "/file.bat");     
    }

But I want to send two arguments to the batch file. How can I do that? Please help.

• Why don't you use "Execute" operation?
    By using it you can even have an undo command to run when uninstalling.

• @Bonnie We cannot use Execute operation in installationFinished function

Component.prototype.installationFinished = function()
    {
    }

Operations can only be added in createOperations() kind of functions which are executed during installation, not after the installation.

• Yes, you cannot use addOperation in installationFinished, it is not meant to.
    But I think there's no need to do that.
    Operations added by addOperation after the default createOperations() are executed after the component contents are extracted to the target folder, so I consider it is run after the installation of the component.
    If you arrange your components well, you don't have to run it after the whole installation.
    But if you insist, I think you can try installer.performOperation(name, arguments) ("Execute" as the name).

• @Bonnie Sorry for the late reply. Your line "Operations added by addOperation after the default createOperations() are executed after the component contents are extracted to the target folder, so I consider it is run after the installation of the component." helped me a lot. Your suggestion installer.performOperation(name, arguments) also didn't work outside createOperations(). So I did this: using addOperation, I saved the arguments in a text file and then I ran the batch file as I have shown in my question.