Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Qt Designer can't be used

• Every time I start the Qt Designer and want to create a new Main Window, the window of the Qt Designer is closed when I click the create button and nothing else changes. I have a Manjaro Linux. Does anyone can help me?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi
    Do you mean the stand alone Designer app ?
    Not QtCreator and its designer plugin but the real alone Designer ?

• I think it's the alone Qt Designer, I downloaded pyqt5-tools and there was the Qt Designer.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@Makesense
    Ok if its for use with python, i also think its the standalone one that.

Try to start it from a shell and see if it writes something.
    It sounds like it plain crashes.

• This came in the terminal:

/home/dominikb/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyqt5_tools/Qt/bin/designer: symbol lookup error: /home/dominikb/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyqt5_tools/Qt/bin/designer: undefined symbol: _ZdlPvm, version Qt_5

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi
    I think it might find the wrong version of something.
    see here.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/61384686/why-symbol-lookup-error-undefined-symbol-when-the-symbol-exists

Could you check in Designers folder if it has a .sh file to start it.
    There was one at a time that would make sure the right libs was seen.

• I can't find the Designers folder and the path which came in the shell somehow doesn't exist.

• This comes in the shell when I start the designer:

Icon theme "breeze-dark" not found.
    Icon theme "breeze" not found.
    Icon theme "breeze" not found.
    Icon theme "gnome" not found.
    kf.service.services: KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType "ThumbCreator" not found
    QMetaProperty::read: Unable to handle unregistered datatype 'ActionTypes' for property 'KShortcutsEditor::actionTypes'
    kf.sonnet.core: Sonnet: Unable to load plugin "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/sonnet/sonnet_aspell.so" Error: "Die Bibliothek /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/sonnet/sonnet_aspell.so kann nicht geladen werden: (libaspell.so.15: Kann die Shared-Object-Datei nicht öffnen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden)"
    kf.sonnet.core: Sonnet: Unable to load plugin "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/sonnet/sonnet_hspell.so" Error: "Die Bibliothek /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/sonnet/sonnet_hspell.so kann nicht geladen werden: (libhspell.so.0: Kann die Shared-Object-Datei nicht öffnen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden)"
    kf.sonnet.core: Sonnet: Unable to load plugin "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/sonnet/sonnet_voikko.so" Error: "Die Bibliothek /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/sonnet/sonnet_voikko.so kann nicht geladen werden: (libvoikko.so.1: Kann die Shared-Object-Datei nicht öffnen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden)"
    kf.sonnet.core: No language dictionaries for the language: "de_DE" trying to load en_US as default
    kf.sonnet.core: No language dictionaries for the language: "en_US"

and then if I click the create button to create a Main Window, it returns that what I've already posted.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi
    I think its related to incompatible libstdc++ as far as i understand it but
    i dont know how to fix it.

What version of Manjaro are you using ?

• Linux 5.7.17-2-MANJARO x86_64 20.1 Mikah

• I will use now the designer in the Qt Creator because it works there but thanks for your help.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@Makesense

Hi
    I did not find anything with MANJARO but it seems that Mikah is pretty new so i wonder if the
    libstdc is simply too new or something like that.

In any case, if you are using the version in Creator then at least there is a solution :)