Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

QTableWidget Clear focus

• Hello, I want to clear focus when escape key is pressed. I checked the QTableWidget Class documentation, I think there is no option like that for QTableWidget. I tried clear.focus(); but that did not work.

void protocolForm::keyPressEvent(QKeyEvent *event)
    {
        if((event->key()==Qt::Key_Enter) ||(event->key()==Qt::Key_Return ))
        {
            qDebug()<<"Enter pressed";

}

else if (event->key()==Qt::Key_Escape)
        {
            qDebug()<<"ESC PRESSED";
            ui->tableWidget->clearFocus();

}
    }

So is there a way to unfocus from QTableWidget? Thanks.

• @GunkutA
    Selected/current is not the same thing as focused. As I said, you need to test qDebug() << ui->tableWidget->hasFocus().

Oh I see you did verify that too. You could try something like setCurrentItem(nullptr), I don't know if that works. Maybe there is an issue over individual cell having focus versus the table widget as a whole. Try setting the widget focus to some other widget and see if that clears the focus on the table.

• @GunkutA said in QTableWidget Clear focus:

I tried clear.focus(); but that did not work.

What does "did not work" mean? What was the behaviour you observed and what did you expect?

You could precede the ui->tableWidget->clearFocus() with qDebug() << ui->tableWidget->hasFocus(). If that returns false, the QTableWidget does not have focus.

• @JonB I am printing the focused row and column with qDebug as:

qDebug()<<"Selected Row:"<<ui->tableWidget->currentRow();
    qDebug()<<"Selected Column:"<<ui->tableWidget->currentColumn();

And after I press ESC, (Also I check key press is detected so I am sure it enters that line) focus is still on the same column and the row.

• @JonB Yes also it returns true. Maybe clear focus does not work on QWidgetTable then?

• @GunkutA
    Selected/current is not the same thing as focused. As I said, you need to test qDebug() << ui->tableWidget->hasFocus().

Oh I see you did verify that too. You could try something like setCurrentItem(nullptr), I don't know if that works. Maybe there is an issue over individual cell having focus versus the table widget as a whole. Try setting the widget focus to some other widget and see if that clears the focus on the table.

• @JonB setCurrentItem(nullptr), works. Thanks!