QT paintEvent with custom widget

• I have one custom widget and in custome widget we have many widget included mean label,lineedit
    etc. In custom widget we have applied stylesheet through paintEvent. but i want some of the
    widgets inside the custome widget should not use the stylesheet based on paintEvent
    so how to remove (not to apply stylesheet) that widget from paintEvent method ?

Thanks,
    Neel

• I'm assuming you're using traditional Qt (e.g. not QML or something).

I'm not entirely sure by what you mean by "applied stylesheet through paintEvent", but perhaps I can suggest that you use a more specific CSS selector when setting the style.

For example:

@
    QPushButton,QLabel { background: green; }
    @

.. will only style the QPushButton and QLabel objects

Or:

@
    #myText { color: green; }
    @

.. will only style the color of objects with a QObject::objectName() of "myText".

Or:

@
    .QWidget { background: red; }
    @

.. will only style objects of class QWidget but not sub-classes of QWidget

Check out http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/stylesheet-syntax.html#selector-types for more info.

Also, something I haven't seen documented, but is clearly in the code is that a property can be set to "native" (e.g. "border: native") to basically say that you want that property styled natively as if no stylesheet had been set.

Apologies if I'm not understanding the question.

[EDIT: code formatting, please wrap in @-tags, Volker]

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.