Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

QTextToSpeech - No text-to-speech plug-ins were found.

• Hi

I am developing a QML based application on windows. I am using Qt_5_14_1_MinGW_32_bit-Release version. I am trying to integrate text to speech in my app. I have followed the hello_speak example. The example works perfectly but my application gives the following error.

No text-to-speech plug-ins were found.

I have ensured that the libraries in the .pro file are the same for both the example and my application. Also, I have verified that there is "qtexttospeech_sapi.dll in my build folder.

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Thanks !

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

From what you wrote you did not deploy the application properly.

• @SGaist

I have deployed using windeployqt. I am able to find the testtospeech plugins in the release folder just like the hello_speak example.

I have used the command:

windeployqt.exe --quick --release --qmldir ../app_name/ .

Is there a different way to deploy? I am also quiet sure its a deployment problem.

It is giving this error when I run in release mode from QT Creator and it works fine in debug mode

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Try adding -texttospeech to the windeployqt options.

• @SGaist
    Adding textttospeech as an option did not work out. I changed my Qt version from 5.14 to 5.15 (latest) and it worked right away

Thanks ! I am marking it solved for now