How to read the color of an rectitem

• hi,in my app i have a graphicsscene and lot of rectitems with different colours...i want to read the color of an perticular rectitem ... how to read the color of an rectitem ?

• QGraphicsRectItem is derived from QGraphicsShapeItem, which as properties called pen and brush. The first is used for the outline of the shape, the second for the fill. Both contain a color.

• Thanks for the reply..i already done setBresh to the rectitem now my doubt is

@
    QGraphicsRectItem *rectItem=new QGraphicsRectItem(20,30,40,50);
    rectItem->setBrush( QBrush(Qt::green));
    @
    i added color like this and then i added this rectitem to the scene...

@void View ::mousePressEvent(QMouseEvent* event) {

if (event->button() == Qt::LeftButton){

if (QGraphicsRectItem *item = itemAt(event->pos())) {

//here i have the rectitem i want to find the color of this item
    }

}

}
    @

• First of all "itemAt":http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/qgraphicsview.html#itemAt return QGraphicsItem , so you shoud cast it to your QGraphicsRectItem and check pointer on null.
    @
    void View ::mousePressEvent(QMouseEvent
    event) {

if (event->button() == Qt::LeftButton){
    QGraphicsRectItem *item = static_cast<QGraphicsRectItem *>(itemAt(event->pos()));
    if (item) {
    QBrush brush = item->brush(); // and so on
    //here i have the rectitem i want to find the color of this item
    }
    }
    }
    @
    Try it, I don't test it.

• it is showing rgb format ...how can it convet it into name format(ex:blue,green)...

• [quote author="phani438" date="1322222885"]it is showing rgb format ...how can it convet it into name format(ex:blue,green)...
    [/quote]

Other than building your own table of rgb->name mappings, you can not.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.