Help! is there errors in codes copied from book ?

• I'm a total greenhand on qt,and I lent some books form library. I copied the "helloworld" code from the book to my QTcreator, and it ran perfectly. But when I started to build some more conplex code copied from the book, it start to make errors.
    this is the code:
    @
    //addressbook.h

#ifndef ADDRESSBOOK_H
    #define ADDRESSBOOK_H

#include <QWidget>

class QLineEdit;

class AddressBook : public QWidget
    {
    Q_OBJECT
    public:
    AddressBook(QWidget *parent = 0);
    private:
    QLineEditor * nameline;
    QTextEditor * addresstext;
    };

#endif // ADDRESSBOOK_H
    @
    It said the "QLineEditor" (and lots of other things) need declaeration in the scope. Is there missing some lib or header?

Edit: please use @ tags around code sections; Andre

• Moderators

In the adressbook.cpp file you should also use:

#include <QLineEdit>

Google for Forward declaration to understand why.

Please add @ code tags on your code. See the button with <> on it on top of the editor here.

• You must include QLineEdit and other which you use
    @#include <QLineEdit>@

Edit:
    As Eddy says. I'm late little bit :)

• It is spelled QLineEdit, not QLineEditor. In addition, you are missing a forward declaration for QTextEdit in your .h file.

• [quote author="qxoz" date="1322203431"]You must include QLineEdit and other which you use
    #include <QLineEdit>[/quote]

As long as you just use pointers a forward declaration is sufficient. There is no need to include headers.

• [quote author="Lukas Geyer" date="1322203500"]
    As long as you just use pointers a forward declaration is sufficient. There is no need to include headers.[/quote]

In fact, in most cases it's good practice to not include the header where a forward declaration is sufficient. Speeding up compile time is only one of the advantages.

• [quote author="Lukas Geyer" date="1322203450"]It is spelled QLineEdit, not QLineEditor. In addition, you are missing a forward declaration for QTextEdit in your .h file.[/quote]

I think that's the point. the reason i include qlineedit is it said something is not decleared. there is no include qlineedit on the book.

• Samples in books often ommit includes for classes provided by well-known libraries for the sake of brevity. Often, you can download the samples as working source code, and there the needed includes will be there.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.