[SOLVED] Qt + LLVM's JIT on Windows

• Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone had tried to use LLVM's JIT in their program and, if so, how they went about it?

I have built a shared version of LLVM which I am now able to test in my Qt Qt application. It all works fine on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, except that whenever I exit my Qt application on Windows (everything is fine on Linux and Mac OS X), I get a message that reads that "this application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way".

Just in case, 'my' current LLVM code is a shameless copy/paste of the HowToUseJIT example (in the examples folder). Also, if I comment out line 116 (and 119) of examples/HowToUseJIT/HowToUseJIT.cpp (i.e. GenericValue gv = EE->runFunction(FooF, noargs);), then I don't get that message when I exit my application...

I know it might be a bit far-fetched, but would anyone have any idea of what might be going wrong here?

Cheers, Alan.

PS: note that I am NOT, here, interested in building my Qt application with LLVM/Clang. I want to use LLVM's JIT, nothing more nothing less (so to speak!).

• For what it is worth, I have got it to work fine on Windows by commenting out line #67 (i.e. llvm::InitializeNativeTarget();) in my "source code":https://github.com/opencor/opencor/blob/master/src/plugins/simulation/CoreSimulation/src/coresimulationplugin.cpp. I find this particularly weird considering that one is expected to make that call...!?

• Going back to an old thread of mine, but just to say that I have since got LLVM to work fine in my Qt application, and this on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. No doubt, LLVM is very nice!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.