Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Dynamic UI according to user

• Hi all!

I'm asking a question here not to have a technical answer, but rather to have an overview of the possibilities. Maybe Qt even provides a suited feature for that!

I have a big application, it can do a lot of things, and have a lot of users that have different needs. That said, a random user will use only 5 to 10% of all the available features.

It would be awesome if the UI can adapt according to the loggin. If it's user#1 logged, the UI only displays the stuff user#1 needs. If it's user#2, only the stuff user#2 needs.

I imagine that each group of widgets, even individual widgets of the UI must have an ID. A database stores all IDs and depending on the user, we hide or show the group/widget, but it seems like a big work. Adding new features to the app will lead to update the database with a new ID, etc...

If there is no other way I'll do it, but maybe Qt can help me in any way ? How would you proceed when facing this question ?

Thanks in advance for any idea or suggestion

• @duarna
    Just write the code for it. The point is, Qt is flexible to create/show/hide widgets, adjust layouts etc. dynamically at runtime. Whether you will want a database with IDs or not is an implementation detail, there are other ways of achieving it, e.g. just having QSettings varying by user preferences which affects your runtime behaviour.