Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

GDB can't find existing debug symbols Windows 10 Qt 5.15.0 MinGW 8.1.0 64-bit

• I'm debugging my qml/c++ application using GDB and it basically works, i.e. it's hitting breakpoint etc..
    However, the debugger can't access most of the Qt debug symbols/sources.

When the debugging session starts, I get these warnings:

section .gnu_debuglink not found in C:\Qt\5.15.0\mingw81_64\plugins\platforms\qwindows.dll.debug
    section .gnu_debuglink not found in C:\Qt\5.15.0\mingw81_64\plugins\iconengines\qsvgicon.dll.debug
    section .gnu_debuglink not found in C:\Qt\5.15.0\mingw81_64\plugins\sqldrivers\qsqlite.dll.debug
    section .gnu_debuglink not found in C:\Qt\5.15.0\mingw81_64\plugins\qmltooling\qmldbg_server.dll.debug
    section .gnu_debuglink not found in C:\Qt\5.15.0\mingw81_64\plugins\qmltooling\qmldbg_server.dll.debug
    section .gnu_debuglink not found in C:\Qt\5.15.0\mingw81_64\plugins\qmltooling\qmldbg_debugger.dll.debug
    section .gnu_debuglink not found in C:\Qt\5.15.0\mingw81_64\plugins\qmltooling\qmldbg_inspector.dll.debug
    section .gnu_debuglink not found in C:\Qt\5.15.0\mingw81_64\plugins\qmltooling\qmldbg_messages.dll.debug
    section .gnu_debuglink not found in C:\Qt\5.15.0\mingw81_64\plugins\qmltooling\qmldbg_tcp.dll.debug

I double-checked: These files do exist.

The debugger can access, QQuickScrollView and QWindowsGuiEventDispatcher, for example, but not QObject.

Im using Windows 10 and have a fresh install with these components:

Qt 5.15.0

• MinGW 8.1.0 64-bit
    • Sources
    • Qt Debug Information Files

Developer and Designer Tools

• Qt Creator 4.12.2
    • Qt Creator 4.12.2 CDB Debugger Support
    • Debugging Tools for Windows
    • MingWG 8.1.0 64-bit

I registered the Qt Sources with Qt Creator (Tools->Options->Debugger->"Add Qt sources...")

I've read all the "setting up debugger" articles I found, but couldn't find the answer. What am I missing?

Update: I tried the same procedure with the MSVC2019 build and that works.

• I've the same isssue