QT 5.14.2 Windows 10 -> Clang Code Model: Error: The clangbackend executable "C:\Qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin\clangbackend.exe" could not be started (timeout after 10000ms)

• I have this error message at start up and the check/uncheck do not give better result (solution see on this forum). When uncheck the error message do not show naturally ;)

The Qt is on a windows 10 installed on a mac mini with bootcamp. Don't know if that can help.

I start a project with exemples that compile but crash after so I would to correct this to be sure that are not the causes.

• @Olivier69 said in QT 5.14.2 Windows 10 -> Clang Code Model: Error: The clangbackend executable "C:\Qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin\clangbackend.exe" could not be started (timeout after 10000ms):

I start a project with examples that compile but crash after so I would correct this to be sure that are not the causes

I had that problem too. You need to change your settings of an application Output panel which is at the bottom of the screen. Build & run ---> General ---> Default for "Run in terminal" (change this option from disabled to enabled). After this qt works normally.

• For me it didn't work I got the error message when it hits any breakpoint, any other sugestions?

• @Claoo @Olivier69 Same issue here using QT in windows 10.
    4d94a1a0-b4a1-4369-957c-00e412dc4109-imagen.png
    I had it working two months ago, i came back and now every time i try to debug in android:
    Clang Code Model: Error: The clangbackend executable "C:\Qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin\clangbackend.exe" could not be started (timeout after 10000ms).

• So i updated my android SDK, same problem.

• So i did what @fadfa suggested ("run in terminal" enabled) still the same problem.

• So removed spaces in my filepath, still the same problem.

In my Issues tab inside QT creator, after i try to run my app;
    4a3dec87-24f7-468b-abbf-cc731402d51d-imagen.png

:-1: error: aidl.exe E 11-26 09:40:24 16432  1052 io_delegate.cpp:50] Failed to GetFullPathName(C:\Users\joseg\Documents\GitHub\STM32WBWorkshop_BluetoothMesh_LAB1\QT desktop app for reading st example\build-BLE_test-Android_Qt_5_15_2_Clang_Multi_Abi-Debug\android-build\build\generated\aidl_source_output_dir\debug\out\org\kde\necessitas\ministro\IMinistro.java)

FAILURE: 

2a5f44d2-bd2e-4d4a-af69-78d3f1fdaecb-imagen.png

:-1: error: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
    Execution failed for task ':compileDebugAidl'.
    > 1 exception was raised by workers:
      java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: Error while executing process C:\Users\joseg\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\build-tools\28.0.3\aidl.exe with arguments {-pC:\Users\joseg\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platforms\android-30\framework.aidl -oC:\Users\joseg\Documents\GitHub\STM32WBWorkshop_BluetoothMesh_LAB1\QT desktop app for reading st example\build-BLE_test-Android_Qt_5_15_2_Clang_Multi_Abi-Debug\android-build\build\generated\aidl_source_output_dir\debug\out -IC:\Users\joseg\Documents\GitHub\STM32WBWorkshop_BluetoothMesh_LAB1\QT desktop app for reading st example\build-BLE_test-Android_Qt_5_15_2_Clang_Multi_Abi-Debug\android-build\src -IC:\Qt\5.15.2\android\src\android\java\src -IC:\Users\joseg\Documents\GitHub\STM32WBWorkshop_BluetoothMesh_LAB1\QT desktop app for reading st example\build-BLE_test-Android_Qt_5_15_2_Clang_Multi_Abi-Debug\android-build\aidl -IC:\Users\joseg\Documents\GitHub\STM32WBWorkshop_BluetoothMesh_LAB1\QT desktop app for reading st example\build-BLE_test-Android_Qt_5_15_2_Clang_Multi_Abi-Debug\android-build\src\debug\aidl -dC:\Users\joseg\AppData\Local\Temp\aidl4657304181761796577.d C:\Qt\5.15.2\android\src\android\java\src\org\kde\necessitas\ministro\IMinistro.aidl}

* Try:
    Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 5s

5a8bf70d-b6e7-4743-b65d-d37e0a2d3e4d-imagen.png

:-1: error: Building the android package failed!
      -- For more information, run this command with --verbose.

• @javiB i checked the first error
    So something went wrong in the build process i guess?

Maybe my path name is so long it makes the build process (GetFullPathName) to fail.
    https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-79530

that was it, i changed the build folder to my desktop (shorter fileath names) and everything worked
    23346966-d0d1-46a3-bb6c-904e8734fe94-imagen.png