Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

[Recommendation] Status/Message box for Qt (widgets) application

• Hi guys

I am looking for a message box / status box popup similar to the Android toast but not as intrusive as the Windows toast nor does it require dismissal like QMessageBox.

What I have in mind may be something similar to this image below from postman (but, this case, it has some action associated aswel):

7ae215e8-648a-455a-8c4e-1eac0213e9b5-image.png

Alternatively (and more) preferable a message displayed in e.g. the bottom right corner that us not intrusive. If I find an example, I will post it (I have seen it before but cannot remember where). I know QT does not offer this besides their QMessageBox which is not suitable for my purpose.

I intend to use it on my QtWidgets application (not QML)

Any suggestions?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi
    Are we talking showing it in app or like windows toasts outside app ?
    Also if IN app, will you make room for it in the UI design ?
    Or do you need it to be able to float on the actual form outside of
    of the design ?

• @mrjj
    I could have been more clear on that, my apologies.

I want it as a component on the form. I will be using a vertical layout for these 'widgets'. I envision them to start from the bottom right, and post no more than 3 at a time.

• @mrjj

actually, now that I saw the notification from the Qt website, that could be a very good representation of what I have in mind. It is not intrusive (i.e. requires attention immediately) and dismissed itself after X seconds.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@CybeX
    Ok :)
    But you want user to be able to click on it if they want so we cant use a true overlay ?

You can come pretty far with a QLabel and some HTML as it can show both icon and allow hot linked text
    which you can get a signal when clicked on to do something in app and not open browser.
    Use timer to make it auto dismiss.

Im not sure i see same Qt notification on Desktop :)

• @mrjj
    oh - that is a great idea.

Will post a working solution soon.

Thanks