How to recognize type

• hi guys
    @template<class T>
    static bool lessOrMoreThan(const T &, const T &,int lessOrMoreFlag)
    {
    if(lessOrMoreFlag == 0){
    ;
    }
    if(lessOrMoreFlag == 1){
    ;
    }
    }@

if I pass QString or int in this template function, How can I know the exact type I passed in? thanks any comments

• What do you mean exactly? Can you elaborate?

• @template<class T>
    static bool lessOrMoreThan(const T &, const T &,int lessOrMoreFlag)
    {
    if(lessOrMoreFlag == 0){
    if(T == QString);
    {
    do something;
    }
    if(T == int)
    {
    do something;
    }else{
    do something
    }
    }
    if(lessOrMoreFlag == 1){
    ;
    }
    }@

• thank you for your interest, I post a piece of new code above.any comments

• Do you actually need templates? May be you can try just overloading for types you need

• [quote author="Kxyu" date="1321640229"]Do you actually need templates? May be you can try just overloading for types you need[/quote]

that is a good way, but too much.

• If you need to know the type of the template in a method, this is a strong sign of wrong design and that you most probably shouldn't use a template at all.

Can you describe what you want to achieve? Maybe we can come up with a better suitable and less problematic idea.

• you are right. I use other way and fix my problem already.anyway,thanks guys

• You can specialize your template function to your desired types. This is a standard feature of C++, you can find it under "Specialized Template Functions" or something like that.

• Yeah, you're right! It's awkward that I've missed that on Stroustrup. So you can just define your template function and then overload it for types that need some special action.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.