Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

How to recognize type

• hi guys
    @template<class T>
    static bool lessOrMoreThan(const T &, const T &,int lessOrMoreFlag)
    {
    if(lessOrMoreFlag == 0){
    ;
    }
    if(lessOrMoreFlag == 1){
    ;
    }
    }@

if I pass QString or int in this template function, How can I know the exact type I passed in? thanks any comments

• What do you mean exactly? Can you elaborate?

• @template<class T>
    static bool lessOrMoreThan(const T &, const T &,int lessOrMoreFlag)
    {
    if(lessOrMoreFlag == 0){
    if(T == QString);
    {
    do something;
    }
    if(T == int)
    {
    do something;
    }else{
    do something
    }
    }
    if(lessOrMoreFlag == 1){
    ;
    }
    }@

• thank you for your interest, I post a piece of new code above.any comments

• Do you actually need templates? May be you can try just overloading for types you need

• [quote author="Kxyu" date="1321640229"]Do you actually need templates? May be you can try just overloading for types you need[/quote]

that is a good way, but too much.

• If you need to know the type of the template in a method, this is a strong sign of wrong design and that you most probably shouldn't use a template at all.

Can you describe what you want to achieve? Maybe we can come up with a better suitable and less problematic idea.

• you are right. I use other way and fix my problem already.anyway,thanks guys

• You can specialize your template function to your desired types. This is a standard feature of C++, you can find it under "Specialized Template Functions" or something like that.

• Yeah, you're right! It's awkward that I've missed that on Stroustrup. So you can just define your template function and then overload it for types that need some special action.