Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Forum's Search not working right

• Ubuntu, Firefox; same on Windows, Chrome. I click the top-level magnifying glass Search icon. I type in, and it displays matching threads. But when I click on one to visit, the dropdown dismisses but nothing happens, I don't move page? I can see that the URL is correct, and I can just about right-click and, say, Open in new tab and it goes there, but just nothing seem to happen on normal left-click to visit?

• Qt Champions 2017

@JonB said in Forum's Search not working right:

Ubuntu, Firefox; same on Windows, Chrome. I click the top-level magnifying glass Search icon. I type in, and it displays matching threads. But when I click on one to visit, the dropdown dismisses but nothing happens, I don't move page? I can see that the URL is correct, and I can just about right-click and, say, Open in new tab and it goes there, but just nothing seem to happen on normal left-click to visit?

I don't get a dropdown at all (Linux/Chromium). Can you just hit enter and go to the search results page?

• @kshegunov

I don't get a dropdown at all (Linux/Chromium)

I would have thought you do, we must be disagreeing about what I call the dropdown or where you are doing the search? From the magnifying glass, I type my search term, once there are word matches (e.g. ubuntu --- ah, this is the point, it doesn't appear till a whole word is typed, nothing on just ubunt) I get a "big" dropdown with matching posts displayed in a scrolling list, several visible lines per each item.

Screenshot from 2020-05-03 13-03-30.png

Can you just hit enter and go to the search results page?

Didn't think of that, but yes I can. So I cannot use the dropdown --- showing the search matches, which I have looked down to see if I like one of them --- without hitting return, going to the search results page, and looking through all the matches again.

Even though the item I click on shows the correct URL (on hover), so it's clearly intended to work by clicking. I won't die in a ditch over this, but it seems wrong.

• Qt Champions 2017

Yeah now it shows, and it works for me. Odd.