C++ and Qt quick
Your understanding is basically correct. In bulletpoints:
- C++ and widgets are here to stay, they are still the preferred way to work on the desktop.
- On the mobile platform, widgets are basically deprecated.
- QML/Quick is geared towards making UI more fluid, and more optimized to draw.
- QML/Quick will make its way to the desktop as well, but not in Qt 5.0
- QML/Quick is aimed as UI programming, but recommended practice is to write your logic, your backend in C++
- QML itself (as a language) may see more uses in the future than just GUI, if other areas are identified that can benefit from having a declarative language.
- Qt is an open platform now. It will move where we all need it to move, if we push it in that direction by contributing!
Thanks for clarifying.
QML is like java scripting language. Easy for the persons who are coming from java background.