Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

[Solved] gdb process crashed

• I'm using QTCreator 2.3.0 and i write this application :
    @
    QT += core gui
    TARGET = Ide
    TEMPLATE = app
    CONFIG += qt debug thread
    DEFINES = QT SCI_LEXER
    INCLUDEPATH = ./QtScintilla/Scintilla/include ./QtScintilla/Scintilla/lexlib \
    ./QtScintilla/Scintilla/src ./QtScintilla

SOURCES += main.cpp
    idewindow.cpp
    config.cpp
    texteditor.cpp
    ---------- + all source files in INCLUDEPATH

HEADERS += idewindow.h
    config.h
    QtScintilla/QtScintilla_global.h
    texteditor.h
    ---------- + all header files in INCLUDEPATH

FORMS += idewindow.ui

RESOURCES +=
    ideres.qrc
    @

... the application has been properly compiled, but when I insert a breakpoint and I start debugging after a second show the dialog message with 'The gdb process crashed'.
    how can I do to debug the program?

Tanks

• Moderators

Which system are you running on? Which version of gdb are you using? Where did you get it?

• System : Window7
    gdb version : Qt SDK version 1.1.3 - Qt libraries version 4.7.4 (GDB Version 6.7.50.20071127) - the full Qt installation download from this site.
    ... the source show is only part of the .pro file, the project contains the Scintilla source/include files v2.29, my personal Scintilla qt platform implementation sources, and QMainWindow to test the implementation. Problem is that I MUST enter in debug mode to correct the application crashes.

• Moderators

Hmmm... I guess the best thing is to "file a bug report":http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/ then.

Please also include the debugger log (top left IIRC). Thanks!

• I'am new developer with Qt... how can i create the debugger log file and where can i find it in Qt installation folders ? Tanks

• Moderators

The debugger log is displayed in the debugger view by default. It should be in the top left somewhere (sorry, I have changed the layout quite a bit here and am not sure where that was originally anymore).

• I've just report a bug (QTCREATORBUG-6516) with attachment debugger log file in text format.
    Waiting for your reply...