Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

QtCreator, project tree sub-folders missing

• I am posting this because I've spent several hours looking for a solution and want to help others to fix this issue without wasting time.

I am using QtCreator for a long time with a quite complex project including several libraries that are all built from source. The libraries contain sub-folders for modules and are sometimes event nested deeper.

I was used to see the following layout:

• library
      • Header Files
        • moduleA
          • fileA.hpp
          • fileB.hpp
        • moduleB
          • fileC.hpp
          • fileD.hpp

But after re-installing my computer I ended up with the following "flat" structure - which was quite annoying. All structure was gone. All headers and sources of a target show up in one folder:

• library
      • Header Files
        • fileA.hpp
        • fileB.hpp
        • fileC.hpp
        • fileD.hpp

I went through the complete preferences 5 times without finding any option. I tried all kinds of stuff, including setting the USE_FOLDERS and source_group in CMake and many others. Nothing changed the file structure back. Simplify Tree made things even worse.

The solution is: Upgrade QtCreator from 4.11.0 -> 4.11.1 and everything works as expected.

• @AndreasLoew

Mark as solved please, instead of changing the title of your post :)

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi @AndreasLoew,

yeah, that was probably due to QTCREATORBUG-23372.

Also, I've marked as SOLVED for you, as @Pl45m4 suggested :)

Regards