Mobility API not present in Nokia Qt SDK

• Greetings,

I'm short of new to Qt and definitely to all the new changes that happened recently.

I'm trying to create an app for the mobile (symbian) that involves camera recording - buffering, so I downloaded Nokia Qt SDK.

As I've read you need to mobility API to mess with mobile features like messaging , camera bluetooth etc, which is suposed to be embedded in Nokia Qt SDK.

The problem is when I type

@#include <QCamera>@

or anything related to mobility, It isn't recognized. I tried searching for the file qcamera.h or cpp and it isn't there.

I also added to the .pro file these lines:

@
    QT += multimedia

CONFIG += mobility
    MOBILITY += multimedia
    symbian:TARGET.CAPABILITY += NetworkServices \ ReadUserData \ WriteUserData \ UserEnvironment \ ReadDeviceData \ WriteDeviceData
    @

So am I missing something?

Thanks!

• Hi codestian,

Maybe you did not select to install the mobility apis in the Nokia Qt SDK setup.

You can install it now. Open Qt Creator, go to Help -> Start Updater, package manager tab, then check APIs->Qt Mobility APIs and 'next' to finish the process.

• Nope, It's already installed. I un-installed it and re-installed but still it isn't there.

[Update] After some more research, it's probably because I'm trying to use beta features which aren't installed yet in the official mobility package.

• As you told problem is when you type #include<QCamera>

Because QCamera class comes under the camera API in Mobility version 1.1.

Camera API is not stable version, It is still in the development mode (Technology Preview [TP]).

• anselmolsm, do you mean to say that I can install mobility directly from within Qt Creator? I do not see the option you are referencing, is it absent in os x?

[quote author="anselmolsm" date="1286218228"]Hi codestian,

Maybe you did not select to install the mobility apis in the Nokia Qt SDK setup.

You can install it now. Open Qt Creator, go to Help -> Start Updater, package manager tab, then check APIs->Qt Mobility APIs and 'next' to finish the process.[/quote]

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.