Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Check if a QPoint lies within a QPolygon

• I would like to check if a QPoint lies withing a QPolygon (so not just that QPolygon contains a point QPoint, since those are only for the outside). I would really like to check if it's within the surface of a QPolygon.
    I'd like to check on a right mouse press event.

• @hobbyProgrammer
    What's a QVecor[sic.]?
    Check what your qv_polygons.at(i) actually is, because the error message tells you it thinks it's a QVecor<QPoint>, not a QPolygon. Ah, I see

A QPolygon object is a QVector<QPoint>.

You may need something like a <static_cast>(QPolygon)? Or possibly QPolygon(const QVector<QPoint> &points) to get a (new) QPolygon out of the points vector, I don't know.

• @hobbyProgrammer

(so not just that QPolygon contains a point QPoint, since those are only for the outside)

What "outside"? https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qpolygon.html#containsPoint

Returns true if the given point is inside the polygon according to the specified fillRule; otherwise returns false.

That says "inside" .....

• @JonB I save my qpolygon's in a qvector. When I try qv_polygons.at(i).contains it doesn't seem to work properly, but I also don't get the oppertunity to use containsPoint.

I get the error:

const class QVecor<QPoint> had no member named containsPoint;

with outside I mean on the edge/corner points that are stored within QPolygon.

• @hobbyProgrammer
    What's a QVecor[sic.]?
    Check what your qv_polygons.at(i) actually is, because the error message tells you it thinks it's a QVecor<QPoint>, not a QPolygon. Ah, I see

A QPolygon object is a QVector<QPoint>.

You may need something like a <static_cast>(QPolygon)? Or possibly QPolygon(const QVector<QPoint> &points) to get a (new) QPolygon out of the points vector, I don't know.

• @JonB oh that was really stupid. I was meant to check another QVector of QPolygons...