Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

How to proxy style QPlastiqueStyle which is a proxy style

• Qt ver: 5.6.1

I have a case where I'm trying to apply a style to a widget with a complex proxy style hierarchy:

Style inherits QProxyStyle
        baseStyle = QPlastiqueStyle

QPlastique inherits QProxyStyle
        baseStyle = QWindowsStyle

The widget in question is a QTabBar, my Style class does not override drawControl for CE_TabBarTab, so the chain of style class traversal should be:

Style -> QProxyStyle -> QPlastiqueStyle -> QProxyStyle -> QWindowsStyle -> QCommonStyle

to the implementation of:

case CE_TabBarTab:
            if (const QStyleOptionTab *tab = qstyleoption_cast<const QStyleOptionTab *>(opt)) {
                proxy()->drawControl(CE_TabBarTabShape, tab, p, widget);
                proxy()->drawControl(CE_TabBarTabLabel, tab, p, widget);
            }
            break;

As you can see, QCommonStyle immediately calls the proxy style's drawControl for both the CE_TabBarTabShape and the CE_TabBarTabLabel (which is great!) but that immediately hits QPlastiqueStyle's implementation and does not ever get to my Style's implementation (which is not great).

As a result, the QTabBar looks like QPlastiqueStyle rather than the custom Style.

Is there a prescribed workflow that I'm missing here? In qt4 Style inheritance chain is much simpler (of course):

Style -> QPlastiqueStyle -> QWindowsStyle -> QCommonStyle

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,
    Matt

• @matt-penman said in How to proxy style QPlastiqueStyle which is a proxy style:

In qt4 Style inheritance chain is much simpler (of course):
    Style -> QPlastiqueStyle -> QWindowsStyle -> QCommonStyle

This still works in Qt5 with a minor extra step that is transparent to you why do you think it's impossible?

What I'm saying is that Style should inherit QPlastiqueStyle, not QProxyStyle

• @VRonin thanks for the reply!

Are you implying that I should be linking against qtstyleplugins? And deriving from QPlastiqueStyle directly?

• You are expanding that class so it would make sense, right?

• Correct. I'll give that a go, thank you