Overlay rectangle on ChartView

• I want to put a number of rectangles as overlays to show regions of interest on a ChartView of ScatterSeries. However when I try to do this it is clearly using a different coordinate system to that of the ScatterSeries as it is drawn in a completely different place.

For example the following is intended to draw a rectangle that captures all of the ScatterSeries but it just draws a small green rectangle top left as shown in the screenshot.

ChartView {
                Layout.fillWidth : true
                Layout.fillHeight : true
                Rectangle {
                    x: 30
                    y: 50
                    width: 40
                    height: 10
                    color: "green"
                }
                ScatterSeries{
                    XYPoint { x: 30; y: 50 }
                    XYPoint { x: 50; y: 60 }
                    XYPoint { x: 60; y: 50 }
                    XYPoint { x: 70; y: 60 }
                    axisX: ValueAxis {
                        min: 0
                        max: 100
                    }
                    axisY: ValueAxis {
                        min: 0
                        max: 100
                    }
                }

0_1565274205462_d568bbaa-6306-4ac2-ac97-e820b859532e-image.png

The documentation suggests that the rectangle should use the coordinate system of the parent ChartView. I assume I actually want it to use the coordinate system of the ChartView scene. How do I do this?

• Cannot test charts right now, but you can set, for example z: 10 to your rectangle or declare it after ScatterSeries.

• @intruderexcluder - That does not change the coordinate system to match that of the plot area so it is still too small and in the wrong place.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.