QT4.7 : Webkit crash when accessing an Url

• Dear all,

I have a QWebView component that crashes at initialization when it tries to access about:blank page and same thing with my simple code :

@
    QUrl url(URL_UPDATE_FILE);
    QNetworkRequest request(url);
    this->reply = this->manager->get(request); // CRASHES HERE
    @

with this message :

HEAP[hadop_qt_widget.exe]: Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap( 01910000, 00FE6070 )

Does anyone know what it is about ? I'm running Qt 4.7 just compiled and running a VMWare Fusion VM with Windows XP sp3.

Thank you !

[edit: fixed code / chetankjain]

• I tried on Win XP, but without VMWare, and no issues. Are you sure this->manager is initialized properly?

Try this, use Designer to add a QWebView to a form, by default you'll see the URL set to about:blank, you can run it without issues, you point to other site, the site opens...

let me know

• Hi,

When I debug my program I can see the manager has a valid address (not null pointer). I don't know if the manager is well initialized I just did a new on it.

I tried what you suggested and it worked in the designer... I don't know what to think about it. Because when I simply load my program, if I call the widget containing the QWebView it crashes. Though I didn't change anything in the generated ui_MyView class... When I comment the line with "about:blank" in the generated ui_MyView class it works well...

• ok, I still suspect the manager is not initialized properly, try to add this line ...

@
    // in mainwindow.h
    QNetworkAccessManager *manager;
    @

and in mainwindow.cpp file, way before you do other network stuff,

@
    manager = new QNetworkAccessManager(this);
    @

thats all I did ... if it still doesn't work, post your files here (if you can)

• You should post an small example we could run. The code snippet is not enough to find the bug in your code.

I tend to think like chetankjain, the address of this or manager are invalid.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.