DLL is missing when launching the QT GUI app

• Hello guys , My app launches from inside Qt Creator no problem, but when I go into the debug folder, I find the .exe file and I try to launch it, it complains that there is a missing DLL ( Qt5Network.dll , Qt5SerialPortd.dll , Qt5Cored.dll ,Qt5Guid.dll )
    how can i add thoose DLL ? thanks

• Moderators

@Zunneh said in DLL is missing when launching the QT GUI app:

when I go into the debug folder, I find the .exe file and I try to launch it, it complains that there is a missing DLL

Hi @Zunneh, you must deploy your application to run it outside of Qt Creator: https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/windows-deployment.html

• @JKSH it work , thank you guy , now my problem is , i made a copy off my final app in another computer to test it , when i double click to the .exe , it didn't say that there are DLL missing but it didn't open the app . in my main computer ( where i developed the app with Qt ) it work perfectly after added the DLL , can someone help me please ? Thanks

• @Zunneh
    Assuming now that you are OK on the DLLs, and the deployment went well/didn't report anything, nobody will be able to tell you why your app may be behaving like this on a different installation. There are many possibilities. You either have to debug (may or may not be convenient), or you have to a insert a few "print"/"logging" statements or similar into your code to get an idea how far (if at all) it gets through the start up/code.

• Moderators

@Zunneh, I notice that you tried to launch a Debug build. I can tell because all your DLLs end with a d.

Have you tried deploying a Release build? (Your app should be deployed with Qt5Core.dll, Qt5Gui.dll, ... not Qt5Cored.dll, Qt5Guid.dll, ...)

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.