Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

5.11.3 static build problem (win10, MinGW730)

• It's my first static build for qt.

What is happend?

Env:
    Qt:
    1. QT 5.11.3 MinGW530_32
    2. QT 5.11.3 Source
    3. MinGW730_32 and 64 tools
    Note: Install from Qt installer.

Prebuild env setup:

set PATH=C:/Qt/Tools/mingw730_32/bin
    set PATH=%PATH%;C:/Qt/Tools/mingw730_32/opt/bin;C:\Qt\5.11.3\Src\gnuwin32\bin;C:\WINDOWS\System32;C:\WINDOWS
    set LANG=en
    cd C:\Qt\5.11.3\Src

My configure cmd:

configure.bat -static -release -platform win32-g++ -prefix  "C:\Qt\5.11.3\mingw73_32_static" -qt-zlib -qt-pcre -qt-libpng -qt-libjpeg -qt-freetype -opengl desktop -no-openssl -opensource -confirm-license -make libs -nomake tools -nomake examples -nomake tests -skip webengine -skip webview -skip qt3d

All fine.

But failed when I run mingw32-make -j9 .

qminimalintegration.cpp:53:0:
    ..\..\..\..\include\QtFontDatabaseSupport\5.11.3/QtFontDatabaseSupport/private/qwindowsfontdatabase_ft_p.h:1:10: fatal error: ../../../../../src/platformsupport/fontdatabases/windows/qwindowsfontdatabase_ft_p.h: No such file or directory
     #include "../../../../../src/platformsupport/fontdatabases/windows/qwindowsfontdatabase_ft_p.h"
              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• @kendling

Hi and welcome to devnet forum

AFAIK it is still the case that the sources delivered with the pre-built versions cannot be used for new compilations. You would need to pull the sources from git or from the archives.

• @koahnig Thanks for reply.

I was tried build source from http://download.qt.io/official_releases/qt/5.11/5.11.3/single/qt-everywhere-src-5.11.3.tar.xz, the error still happened.

NOTE:
    I ready add under code to qtbase/mkspecs/win32-g++/qmake.conf

# [QT-STATIC-PATCH]
    QMAKE_LFLAGS += -static -static-libgcc
    QMAKE_CFLAGS_RELEASE -= -O2
    QMAKE_CFLAGS_RELEASE += -Os -momit-leaf-frame-pointer
    DEFINES += QT_STATIC_BUILD

• @kendling

You need to use the zip archives on windows. tar.xz are for other OSes only.

Furthermore, IIRC there is a problem with static compilations lately. There was an email lately concerning more testing and ensuring the compatibility for static bilds as well. You need to check with Qt Jira for a bug report there.

Also beware of license implications when using static builds.

• @koahnig
    Thanks again.

I was tried the .zip source package. The problem still.

Which version can build with static for now?

• @koahnig

I was solved this problem.

The solution is call configure script and mingw32-make in other directory.

Example:

C:\
      - Qt
          - src  (extract full source from zip package)
          - build  (run ..\src\configure.bat -static ... and then mingw32-make)