Using FlyCapture SDK with Qt Creator

• I am usign Windows 7, Qt Creator 4.4.1 (x32) and FlyCapture SDK 2.11.3.425. The problem is that I keep getting linking errors when trying to use the FlyCapture Library.

I have boiled down the problem to a simple program. The SDK main path is C:/PointGrey

main.cpp

#include <FlyCapture2.h>
    using namespace FlyCapture2;
    int main()
    {
        Camera camera;
        return 0;
    }

FlyCaptureApp.pro

SOURCES += main.cpp

INCLUDEPATH += C:\PointGrey\include

LIBS += -L$$PWD/../../../../../PointGrey/lib/ -lFlyCapture2
    LIBS += C:/PointGrey/bin/FlyCapture2GUI_C_v110.dll

These are the errors:

C:\Users\Gabriel\Desktop\Qt Basic\FlyCaptureApp\main.cpp:8: error: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11FlyCapture26CameraC1Ev'
    C:\Users\Gabriel\Desktop\Qt Basic\FlyCaptureApp\main.cpp:8: error: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11FlyCapture26CameraD1Ev'
    C:\Users\Gabriel\Desktop\Qt Basic\FlyCaptureApp\main.cpp:8: error: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11FlyCapture26CameraD1Ev'
    collect2.exe:-1: error: error: ld returned 1 exit status

So, how can I use FlyCapture SDK with Qt creator? Am I missing some .dll? Is FlyCapture only compatible with Visual Studio?

• Qt Champions 2017

Hi @gMatos,

First question: Which compiler was used to compile the FlyCapture library? It has to match your compiler, i.e. you cannot mix MinGW and Visual C++.

LIBS += -L$$PWD/../../../../../PointGrey/lib/ -lFlyCapture2

That line looks good, but please check the path! If the number of `..` is incorrect, the linker will not find the library.

Note that it may be necessary to link against more libraries, not only FlyCapture2.

> ```
    > C:\Users\Gabriel\Desktop\Qt Basic\FlyCaptureApp\main.cpp:8: error: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11FlyCapture26CameraC1Ev'

Further note: Avoid directories and file names with spaces. That may lead to hard-to-track errors.

> Am I missing some .dll? 

At the link stage, no. At this stage the .lib or .a files are needed. The dll is needed at runtime.

> Is FlyCapture only compatible with Visual Studio?
    As said above, if FlyCapture was compiled with Visual C++, then yes.

• @aha_1980, thank you for your answer!

This was indeed the problem. The library was compiled with Visual C++.
    I changed the compiler in Qt Creator and the problem was solved!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.