Qt Creator 2.3 beta released
Via "The Qt Labs Blog":http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/07/13/qt-creator-2-3-beta-released/
This release adds lots of new features as well of a great amount of bug fixes, I’ll mention some prominent here (as always not complete, no specific ordering):
- Example and tutorial browsing with descriptive texts, and filtering for examples matching a keyword
- "Enhanced C++ coding style options":http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/05/26/new-indenter-settings/, with indent settings and alignment settings split up for the different use cases depending on element, including preview and separation between global and project specific settings
- Support for deployment and running to a more general “remote linux” – just add your remote deploy and run configuration to your desktop target and define remote linux “device” settings (you have to set up your cross compile on your own though)
- Support for compiling projects with the clang compiler
- Code completion is now populated in a separate thread, no editor blocking any more
- Profiling now has it’s own “Analyze” mode, added two more profiling options:
** "QML profiling":http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/04/07/qml-perfomance-monitor/
** Function profiling using valgrind’s cachegrind
- Symbian got CODA support, allowing for deployment via WiFi
- Various Qt Quick support enhancements besides the QML profiling:
** Support for models and delegates in the Qt Quick Designer – fully populated ListViews/GridViews and PathViews are now available from the item library
** Support for editing inline components and delegates
** Improved Live Preview (a.k.a. modifying QML while the app is running in the debugger)
** Added ‘Find usages’ functionality for QML types
" Download from our pre-release page":http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/07/13/qt-creator-2-3-beta-released/
bq. Symbian got CODA support, allowing for deployment via WiFi
I've been using CODA in QtCreator to test my Symbian apps wirelessly for a while now. It wasn't included in this release.
But very nice release nonetheless :).
Nice work everyone! Thanks to all who contributed!
Yes, and i want more :-) So, what's functionality you guys want ?
I‘d like to see method locate function in next version, which like Ctrl + O in Carbide C++. Press Ctrl + O, enter your method's name, and it will let you fly to your method.
[quote author="Chuck Gao" date="1310608541"]Yes, and i want more :-) So, what's functionality you guys want ?
I‘d like to see method locate function in next version, which like Ctrl + O in Carbide C++. Press Ctrl + O, enter your method's name, and it will let you fly to your method.[/quote]
Qt Creator already has that capability. Just type "m YourFunction" into the locator bar (Ctrl + K, as a shortcut).
Thank you loladiro
bq. Support for compiling projects with the clang compiler
Yes! :D made my day