How can i follow someone

• Hi,

In previous theme of the forum, we had option to follow.
    In the new theme i didnt find the follow button to follow someone.
    Any Idea Guys?.

• Hmm... interesting. The "follow" button has been obscured - not sure if deliberately, or just an issue with the forum's new theme.

You can, if you're really keen:

1. view the person's profile page
    2. go into the browser's "inspect element" mode (Ctrl-Shift-I on Chrome, or Ctrl-Shift-C on Firefox)
    3. search for account/follow (its in a component attribute of an anchor (a) element).
    4. move up two wrapping elements, to where you see a div element with class="col-xs-12 account-block hidden"
    5. remove the hidden
    6. click the green Follow button which then appears.

In the meantime, I guess this should be added (if not there already) to the list of things to fix up with the forum's theme?

(Unless its deliberately obfuscated, in which case... oops?)

Cheers.

• Just followed the steps to follow the user.

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html class="" lang="en-GB" style="direction: ltr;" data-dir="ltr">

<head></head>
    <body class="skin-default page-user page-user-paul-colby" style="margin-bottom: 0px;">
        <nav id="menu" class="hidden"></nav>
        <main id="panel">
            <nav id="header-menu" class="navbar navbar-default navbar-fixed-top header" component="navbar"></nav>
            <div id="content" class="container">
                <div class="row"></div>
                <div class="account">
                    <ol class="breadcrumb"></ol>
                    <div class="cover" style="background-image: url('/images/cover-default.png'); background-position: 50% 50%;" component="account/cover"></div>
                    <div class="profile row"></div>
                    <hr></hr>
                    <div class="row">
                        <div class="col-xs-12 account-block"></div>

In the line <div class="col-xs-12 account-block"></div> we should remove hidden and click on follow which gets highlighted.
    It worked
    Thanks.![Thanks](image url)
    </div>

• It will be better to provide the option to follow the user as provided in older theme.
    It will be good.

@Paul-Colby thanks for the solution.

• administrators

This seems to be a bug in the theme.
    We'll see if there is an update available, as the graphic elements are there. Just the functionality is hidden.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.