Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct
Cross compile Qt 5.5 on Windows 7 error missing <X11/Xutil.h.
Skalli84 last edited by
currently I'm trying to cross compile Qt 5.5 on Windows 7 for Raspberry 2 with Rasbian Jessie.
I'm following this tutorial http://visualgdb.com/tutorials/raspberry/qt/embedded/ and most steps work fine but on step 17 I get an error when running make:
J:/OpenSource/Qt/5.5.1/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.5.1/qtbase/src/plugins/platforms/xcb/qxcbmime.cpp:41:23: fatal error: X11/Xutil.h: No such file or directory #include <X11/Xutil.h> ^ compilation terminated. make: *** [.obj/qxcbmime.obj] Error 1 make: Leaving directory `/J/OpenSource/Qt/5.5.1/qt-build/qtbase/src/plugins/platforms/xcb' make: *** [sub-xcb_qpa_lib-pro-make_first-ordered] Error 2 make: Leaving directory `/J/OpenSource/Qt/5.5.1/qt-build/qtbase/src/plugins/platforms/xcb' make: *** [sub-xcb-make_first] Error 2 make: Leaving directory `/J/OpenSource/Qt/5.5.1/qt-build/qtbase/src/plugins/platforms' make: *** [sub-platforms-make_first] Error 2 make: Leaving directory `/J/OpenSource/Qt/5.5.1/qt-build/qtbase/src/plugins' make: *** [sub-plugins-make_first] Error 2 make: Leaving directory `/J/OpenSource/Qt/5.5.1/qt-build/qtbase/src' make: *** [sub-src-make_first] Error 2 make: Leaving directory `/J/OpenSource/Qt/5.5.1/qt-build/qtbase' make: *** [module-qtbase-make_first] Error 2
I've tried googling without any success so far. I'm not sure where X11/Xutil.h is supposed to be. The path itself should be fine.
As a note: I've tried compiling 5.6 before but there I failed way earlier when running make. There it failed on this part (and the other definitions in there):
J:/OpenSource/Qt/5.6/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.6.0/qtbase/src/corelib/io/qfilesystemengine_win.cpp In file included from j:\tools\sysgcc\mingw32\include\security.h:40:0, from J:/OpenSource/Qt/5.6/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.6.0/qtbase/src/corelib/io/qfilesystemengine_win.cpp:67: j:\tools\sysgcc\mingw32\include\secext.h:16:17: error: redeclaration of 'NameUnknown' NameUnknown = 0,
My Toolchain is pretty similar in both cases and I'm happy for help with any of the problem.
Some more information that might be helpful:
- I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64bit
- The Raspberry Pi 2 is a model B+ with Raspbian Jessie installed. It was updated from Wheezy for this progress with dist-upgrade which went without errors. I only installed libxcbl-dev and resynchronized because otherwise configure woul fail with this xcb error message and OpenGL 2 ES.
- I've used the toolchains from the linked tutorial.
- GCC is located in /j/Tools/SysGCC/MinGW32/bin/gcc.exe
- The architecture location is /j/Tools/SysGCC/Raspberry/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc.exe
- Qt source code is in J:\OpenSource\Qt\5.5.1\qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.5.1 and with 5.6. in the path in the newer version.
If you need any more info I'll try to provide it.
I'm grateful for any hints! Thank you.