Software Applications Developer for NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
NEC Display Solutions designs, produces and delivers leading-edge visual display technology for a wide variety of markets. We specialize in desktop and large-screen LCD displays and a diverse line of projectors for customers who demand the most high-quality, reliable display solutions to meet their needs. Our business is driven by advanced technologies, industry-leading service and value-add programs that help increase your productivity and let you see your digital world in a more dynamic way. Discover the possibilities with NEC Display Solutions!
We are currently seeking a Software Application Developer. This home based position will be located in the United States and requires eligibility to work in the US. NEC Display Solutions offers a competitive compensation package including salary, bonus, and a full benefits package. For more information about NEC Display Solutions, you are encouraged to visit our web site at: www.necdisplay.com.
Cross platform software application developer for display devices. Involved with all phases of the software development life cycle – requirements analysis, development, testing, and implementation. As part of this job, you will create end user software as well as internal testing tools and Software Development Kits related to controlling display monitors and projectors. Coordinate international user interface translations. Help coordinate the creation of documentation, as well as provide some training and end user support. Test and debug various hardware and software related compatibility issues and working with 3rd party companies. Maintain existing codebase.
• Work with internal product development and marketing teams, parent company and specific customers to identify specifications for application software.
• Analyze software requirements based on specifications.
• Design and develop application software to interface with LCD displays and Projectors.
• Test and debug application software interface with LCD displays and Projectors to ensure consistent compatibility on different platforms, OS versions and hardware.
• Generate compatibility reports and coordinate with 3rd party companies to track and resolve issues.
• Work with technical support team to diagnose and fix problems.
• Create internal testing tools and Software Development Kits to control LCD displays and Projectors.
• Create application user manuals and related documentation.
• Maintain existing codebase.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering
• Minimum 5 years professional programming experience
• Strong knowledge of development using Digia Qt is required
• C++ Windows programming with strong background in GUI development required
• Experience with developing on Mac OS and Linux required
• Excellent problem solving, analytical, and design skills
• Good English skills with the ability to produce clear and concise documentation
• Works well independently with little supervision
• Strong time management skills
• Normal color vision is essential
• Work out of secure home office environment
• Experience in any of the following areas is a plus:
- Color Management Systems (theory, operation and programming)
- Hardware interfacing, I2C, RS232, USB protocols
- Device driver development
- Win32 API, MFC, WMI, SNMP, VBScript, NSIS, SQL, HTML and some web development
- Large scale web application design and implementation using the IaaS, PaaS and SaaS cloud models
• Familiarity with various video interfaces and communications protocols is a plus
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
• Minimal travel required
To apply, submit your resume with compensation requirements via e-mail: email@example.com.
NEC Display Solutions
500 Park Boulevard, Suite 1100
Itasca, IL 60143
We are an equal opportunity employer with a friendly, multicultural environment. Female/Minority/Disabled/Veteran.
bolded textbolded textbolded textbolded text[link text](link url)[link text](link url)bolded text