Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct
Software Application Developer (Qt, C++, GUI development) - US based
NEC Display Solutions designs, produces and delivers leading-edge visual display technology for a wide variety of markets. We specialize in desktop LCDs, large-screen LCD and a diverse line of projectors for customers who demand the most high-quality, reliable display solutions to meet their needs. Our business is driven by advanced technologies, industry-leading service and value-add programs that help increase your productivity and let you see your digital world in a more dynamic way. Discover the possibilities with NEC Display Solutions!
We are currently seeking a cross platform Software Application Developer for display devices. This employee will work out of their secure home office within the United States. NEC Display Solutions offers a competitive compensation package including salary, bonus, and a full benefits package. For more information about NEC Display Solutions, you are encouraged to visit our web site at: "www.necdisplay.com":http://www.necdisplay.com.
The successful candidate will be involved with all phases of the software development life cycle – requirements analysis, development, testing, and implementation which include:
• Work with internal product development and marketing teams, parent company and specific customers to identify specifications for application software.
• Analyze software requirements based on specifications.
• Design and develop application software to interface with LCD displays and Projectors.
• Test and debug application software interface with LCD displays and Projectors to ensure consistent compatibility on different platforms, OS versions and hardware.
• Coordinate international user interface translations.
• Generate compatibility reports and coordinate with 3rd party companies to track and resolve issues.
• Work with technical support team to diagnose and fix problems.
• Create internal testing tools and Software Development Kits to control LCD displays and Projectors.
• Create application user manuals, related documentation and provide training and end user support as needed.
• Maintain existing codebase.
BS degree in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering with a minimum of 5 years professional programming experience required. Strong knowledge of development using Nokia Qt is very beneficial. C++ Windows programming with strong background in GUI development required. Experience with developing on Mac OS and Linux is a plus. Excellent problem solving, analytical, and design skills.
Excellent English skills with the ability to produce clear and concise end user documentation. Works well independently with little supervision with strong time management skills. Normal color vision is essential. Work out of secure home office environment.
Experience in any of the following areas is a plus: Color Management Systems (theory, operation and programming). Hardware interfacing, I2C, RS232, USB protocols. Device driver development. Win32 API, MFC, WMI, SNMP, VBScript, NSIS, SQL, HTML and some web development.
Familiarity with various video interfaces and communications protocols is a plus.
NEC Display Solutions
500 Park Boulevard, Suite 1100
Itasca, IL 60143
We are an equal opportunity employer with a friendly, multicultural environment. Female/Minority/Disabled/Veteran.
ZapB last edited by
Are you able to accept applications for home workers in the United Kingdom?
Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately, we are only able to accept candidates eligilble to work in the US for this position at this time.
ZapB last edited by
Oh well that's a shame. It sounds like an interesting role. If you relax this critria in the future then please post here again to let us know. Good luck with your search.
fcrochik last edited by
I sent an e-mail to address provided. Please let me know if you didn't receive it.
Cirus3Fleming last edited by
I am an Electronic Engineering, found your job quite interesting. So want to know whether is it a part time or full time job?
This is a full time position.
swhweng last edited by