[SOLVED] Connecting two subclassed widgets using signal/slots

• Hi! It may be a silly question but I have been struggling with this for some time...

I have a MainWindow with 2xQPushButton: button1 and button2. I click on button1 and object from ClassA (QWidget) is created and shown. In newly opened window I have another QPushButton - buttonA. I would like to click on it and emit a signal to MainWindow's button2.

The general idea is to use connect(buttonA, SIGNAL(emittedSignalFromClassA()), this, SLOT(doSomethingInMainWindow)));
    The question is how to get a pointer to dynamically created obcject to be "visible" in mainwindow??

I created this example to understand how to solve my problem, my code requires similar solution. I appreciate any of Your help!

Regards, Michael.

• Hi and welcome to devnet,

I suggest to change your approach to the problem; the simplest way to do this is:

1. Create a signal in your ClassA:
    Q_SIGNALS:
        void buttonClicked();

1. Connect the buttonA clicked() signal to that signal
    connect(buttonA, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SIGNAL(buttonClicked()));

1. In your MainWindow connect the buttonClicked signal coming from ClassA to your slot
    _classA = new ClassA();
    connect(_classA, SIGNAL(buttonClicked()), this, SLOT(mySlot()));
    _classA->show();

Happy Programming

• Thank you, connecting 2 signals did the job! I spent hours to make this work...Have a nice day! ;)

• You're welcome

Happy Programming

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.