Tile caching feature for CloudMade GeoServices plugin
We released tile caching feature for our CloudMade GeoService plugin for qt-mobility.
Some details about tile cache implementation:
- implemented based on file system
- have configurable size limit (or unlimited), default limit 30 Mb
- browsing map now looks much faster comparing to default Qt network cache (QNetworkDiskCache)
- tiles are displayed now even in offline
- tile "last-modified" date is stored in cache; so server will send empty "Not modified" reply if tile not changed on server since last download (saves traffic)
New version of plug-in is committed here: (plugins/geoservices/cloudmade)
It can be checked with our MapPOI Collector application and MapViewer.
Now it's placed in development branch, plan to add it to package shortly.
Feedback as usual as much appreciated as possible!
Package now is also available! Please welcome to download and test it.