Error: Qt to be configured with -opengl

• Hello,

i just tried running the samples codes from the qt (clocks )it works fine (cross-compiled)
    but examples code from the /Examples/Qt-5.3/opengl/framebufferobject2 is giving me error as follows

18:18:45: Running steps for project framebufferobject2...
    18:18:45: Starting: "/opt/poky/1.6.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/qt5/qmake" /home/minda/Qt5.3.1/Examples/Qt-5.3/opengl/framebufferobject2/framebufferobject2.pro -r -spec linux-arm-gnueabi-g++ CONFIG+=debug
    Project ERROR: This example requires Qt to be configured with -opengl desktop
    18:18:45: The process "/opt/poky/1.6.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/qt5/qmake" exited with code 3.
    Error while building/deploying project framebufferobject2 (kit: wandboard)
    When executing step 'qmake'
    18:18:45: Elapsed time: 00:00.

Can anyone please help.

Thanks
    Nilesh kokane

• Moderators

You have most probably compiled Qt with -opengl es option enabled. You are getting this error, because a higher version of OpenGL is required for them (at least that is how I understand the message). Please recompile Qt using -opengl desktop option, if possilble.

• Hi ,

Thanks for your valuable reply first of all.

I've followed http://wiki.wandboard.org/index.php/Building_Qt5_using_yocto_on_Wandboard to set up the Qt.

Please recompile Qt using -opengl desktop option, if possilble
    from where can i select -opengl desktop option

sorry for silly question .I'm novice to Qt

Thanks
    Nilesh Kokane

• Moderators

You have not asked a question, so no need to be sorry ;-)

It is very possible that the board you have does not support desktop OpenGL, only ES version. In such case, you simply need to accept it and move on.

• Hello,

Thanks for your valuable reply .

so you mean to say the specifics of wandboard doesnt allow the open gl (sample code framebuffer2) can't be run at all.

if I wanna make it run for wandboard. what do I need to change in the setup so that the framebuffer2 code can run

Thanks
    Nilesh Kokane

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.