Qt Videos - expanding the community

• I have made a few (100+) videos and put them on youtube.

Is there a way to get my videos and other authors videos from the community on qt-project.org?
    Just thinking it would be nice to have a one-stop location for eduction and training videos.

• Hi Bryan.
    I thought your videos are already on YouTube. Or these are new ones?
    By the way thank you for those tutorials, they were very very helpful.

• Sorry - lol sometimes I suck at explaining things... what i am asking is getting external videos (youtube) on to this sites video list:

• Moderators

Hi Rootshell,

We don't have access to that part of the Qt web pages as moderators. I think Digia is now maintaining them because in the old days Trolls took care.

I think the best way to get them where you want is ask Tero Kojo our community manager:

• cool thanks!

• administrators

Hi rootshell,

That is a lot of videos! Thank you. I'll put that playlist on in the background :)

The thing is we are looking at redoing the videos section (as an interim solution till we get to a state where we can look at redoing the whole site).

Basically having the videos part point straight to Youtube makes more sense than using our time in copy-pasting things over (and we are badly behind in the copy-pasting).

Maybe we can link from the QtStudios Youtube channel to your channel? I admit I'm not an expert on Youtube, so suggestions on how to handle linking or pointing are welcome.

• Tero -

Thanks for responding.

Linking to the videos would be easy, youtube even gives the code needed to embed a video. When viewing a video you click "share" and then "embed" and it will give the iframe code.

I was just thinking, instead of having 20+ sites that focus on Qt, we try to centrally locate them on qt-project.org.

My vote would be to have a method for people to submit a video or tutorial to qt-project, and then the staff that run qt-project would review - approve - deny as needed.

• administrators

I actually mean that we are giving the video page up for now.
    It's a lot of maintenance currently.

If you take a look at the front page, just today we switched to pointing directly to the YouTube channel instead of the video page.
    So can we make a playlist or point to your videos on YouTube directly?

Later on when we get to changing the site platform, I can see us putting a video page back up. But something that is more low maintenance than what it was now.

• ahhh got it.

• Hi;

i have video about udp in qt. you can watch it. if you have any problem and question, you can ask me.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.