Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct
Looking for Senior Qt Desktop and Mobile Developers to join London-based Company
We are looking for experienced Qt Desktop and Mobile developers to join our Engineering Team based in central London, UK.
The ideal candidate will have a true passion for crafting beautiful UIs and the skills to build cloud-connected, cross-platform applications using Qt and Qml.
The candidate will have a proactive approach to problem solving, be a source of creativity and ideas, and be comfortable working in a dynamic, DevOps environment where peer interaction is essential for delivering high-quality apps within tight timeframes.
- Based in the London Office
- Availability is immediate, or as soon as you can start!
- Remuneration is between £50k to £70k per year plus benefits, based on experience and capability.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with other engineers to design, build and maintain desktop and mobile applications based on the Qt framework.
- Assume the responsibility of implementing our products on new platforms, such as BlackBerry 10.
- Work closely with the Support Team to troubleshoot and resolve customer issues.
- Interact with other teams to optimise system design and implementation.
- Solid experience in developing high-performance desktop and mobile applications with complex UI design.
- Strong development skills on the Qt platform with real-world exposure to Qml.
- A desire to work across multiple platforms, and to learn additional skills whenever necessary in pursuit of the team’s objectives.
- Proficient understanding of Object Orientated Programming.
- A clear understanding of Design Patterns and other programming best practices.
- Experience with Source Control tools, such as Git or Svn.
- A problem-solving attitude with a commitment to deliver on time without compromising on quality.
- Experience building client-server applications based on RESTful web-services in Qt.
- Comfortable with Agile methodologies, scrum-based planning and Continuous Deployment approaches.
- Proficiency with work tracking tools, such Greenhopper, JIRA or similiar.
- Familiarity with a second language such as Java or Ruby.
- Familiarity with Unit and Integration Testing frameworks.
- Familiarity with automated build systems, such as Jenkins.
- An addiction to learning and discovering new ways of doing things better
- A deep pride in delivering beyond expectations
- The ability to plan and negotiate with peers to meet deadlines
- The aspiration to help and encourage others to perform at their best
- The discipline to manage their own time and priorities, without the need for micro-management
We work in a fun, relaxed environment that values self-determination, flat management structures and pragmatism over all. We take pride in our strong Engineering values and commitment to quality.
Our company is a well-established, business-focused, cloud services provider with several million users worldwide. We have won many industry awards and is rated as one of the top places to work in the United Kingdom.
Despite this, however, we still retain our small-company, startup mentality with regular coding competitions, hackathons and many social events.
Please note that we cannot sponsor UK Visas, so only candidates with the right to work in the UK need apply. Remote positions are not considered.
If you are interested and have the required skills and determination to build to fantastic products, please pm me your CV along with any supporting links to your work or blogs.
Much thanks & take care,
djszapi last edited by
You cannot attach files in PMs and you have not shared your email address either. Having gone to the mimecast website, I cannot see this Qt position in there either.
Please clarify this.
Good Morning Laszlo,
Thank-you for responding to my post.
The role is new and has not yet completed the process of being posted to our Careers site. I expect this to be done early this coming week.
I will update this post when it there.
You are welcome to attach a link to a hosted version of your CV using, say, Dropbox or GoogleDrive.
Alternatively, you may email me directly - I will PM you my email.
The role specification, as detailed above, is now posted on our site.