C++/Qt Developer at BSkyB - exciting opportunity in new product development programme
Think innovation. Think Sky. Our refreshing and imaginative approach has changed the face of UK television, making us one of the world’s largest broadcasters. Impressive? We haven’t even started yet. Right now we’re driving ambitious plans for growth as we pioneer new thinking and radical developments across the business. Sky’s ambitions are big, aims are high and right now there's everything to achieve. It's what makes this such a fascinating, fast-moving and fun place to be.
This C++/Qt Developer role is based in one of Sky largest development programmes, focused on the creation of many of Sky’s future products. You will be working in the team responsible for developing the Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) and user interface and all aspects of customer usage on the next generation of products.
You will join a software development team that uses cutting edge technology working on one of Sky’s most exciting and important projects. As Developer in this team, you’ll be knowledgeable and passionate about technology, enjoy working closely with other smart people and using agile techniques to ensure your projects succeed.
As a C++/Qt Developer, you’ll be drawing on your know-how to deliver high quality features quickly. You will be encouraged to help solve the problems faced in this domain with the potential of bringing new technologies to the platform. You’ll be knowledgeable and passionate about technology, enjoy pairing with other smart people and use agile to ensure your projects succeed.
· Develop excellent quality software using agile techniques such as Test
Driven Development and Pair Programming
· Take an active role in Story definition, assisting QA's and business
stakeholders with Acceptance criteria
· Drive best technology and software development practices into the team
with passion and enthusiasm
· Participate in regular showcases of new work to the product owners and
· Strive for continuous improvement within the team
· Strong C++ development background and comfortable working in a Linux
· Experience with multiple UI frameworks, and exposure to Qt is highly
· Regular use of agile and XP practices such as pairing and TDD are highly
· Experience of development on embedded devices, graphics stacks and
OpenGL would be a bonus
· Working alongside creative colleagues, and bringing their work to life as
faithfully as possible
· Knowledge and experience of a wide range of best of breed open source
and commercial technologies
· Bachelors’ degree or equivalent industry experience
· Good communication skills – comfortable communicating at all levels
· A track record of getting the job done
· An enthusiasm and aptitude for learning new skills and practices
· An enthusiasm for new technology
· Take pride and ownership in your work
· Good team player and communication skills
· Demonstrate an agile mindset
It’s our people that make Sky the UK and Ireland’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
Sky - Believe in Better
Please apply using the following link or contact me by email on email@example.com for further details;
I sent my CV, but there is no way to indicate Qt forum as way about hearing of job opportunity.