Qt Project & Matlab Engine (Linux 64 bits)

• Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use Matlab Engine (Matlab R2013a) in a Qt Project (Qt 5.2.0, GCC 4.6.1, 64 bit). My GCC version is 4.7.3 and Matlab documents says compatible with 4.4.X, but i read about this and looks like it's compatible. I found many solutions for Windows but any one clear enought for Linux 64 bits. I set the run-time library path in the Qt build environment:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=matlabroot/bin/glnxa64:matlabroot/sys/os/glnxa64

I tried to add also the shared libraries: libmat.so, libmx.so and libeng.so but i'm not sure if it is well done.

This is my .pro file:

@QT += core gui

greaterThan(QT_MAJOR_VERSION, 4): QT += widgets

TARGET = ahrs_libusb
    TEMPLATE = app

SOURCES += main.cpp
    ahrs.cpp

HEADERS += ahrs.h

FORMS += ahrs.ui

LIBS += -lusb
    unix:LIBS += -lusb

LIBS += -L /usr/local/MATLAB/R2013a/bin/glnxa64/
    /usr/local/MATLAB/R2013a/bin/glnxa64/libmat.so
    /usr/local/MATLAB/R2013a/bin/glnxa64/libmx.so
    /usr/local/MATLAB/R2013a/bin/glnxa64/libeng.so

INCLUDEPATH += /usr/local/MATLAB/R2013a/extern/include@

And this is the test when create the form:

@Engine * ep = engOpen (NULL);
    if (!ep)
    {
        ui->qTEstatus->append("Can start Matlab engine!");
    }@

Actually i compile and i get these two errors:

/usr/local/MATLAB/R2013a/sys/os/glnxa64/libstdc++.so.6:-1: error: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libppl_c.so.4)

and

/usr/local/MATLAB/R2013a/sys/os/glnxa64/libstdc++.so.6:-1: error: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libppl.so.12)

I spend much time but without any solution...

Thanks,
    Andrew.

• Hi again,

Finally, I found an easy way to solve the problem by linking the correct library file with the MATLAB firstly searched old library file, i.e.,

sudo ln -sf /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6.0.17 /usr/local/MATLAB/R2013a/bin/glnxa64/libstdc++.so.6

Now the program compile but the Matlab Engine doesn't run because the function: engOpen(NULL) returns 0x00

Any idea??

• Can you guide me linking matlab's engine.h to qt?

I have 64bit versions of both ubuntu(12.04) and qt(5.2.1)

I'm able to compile the code with engine.h included in the program but I get the following error:
    MATLAB: Command not found

Any ideas?

my .pro file is:
    @TEMPLATE = app
    CONFIG += console
    CONFIG -= app_bundle
    CONFIG -= qt
    INCLUDEPATH += "/usr/local/MATLAB/MATLAB_Production_Server/R2013a/extern/include"

LIBS += -llapack -lblas -larmadillo -L"/usr/local/MATLAB/MATLAB_Production_Server/R2013a/bin/glnxa64" -leng -lmat -lmex -lmx -Wl,-rpath=/usr/local/MATLAB/MATLAB_Production_Server/R2013a/bin/glnxa64

SOURCES += main.cpp@

and using a simple program to test the connectivity.

I have define the PATH variable. But I'm doubtful about the way I have defined LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Can you please elaborate how you were able to link matlab to qt?

Thanks,
    Pranav

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.