Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct
Senior Engineer - Qt Applications - Seattle Area
Precor last edited by
The Product Development group is seeking a senior software engineer expert in Qt application development to join their team. This role is responsible for developing user interfaces for the next generation of Precor’s premier lines of commercial and consumer fitness machines.
Job Description – Senior Software Engineer, Qt Applications
This position presents the opportunity to express your talents to make a powerful impact on Precor’s software and contribute meaningfully to our rapid growth. You will collaborate closely with other software developers to define and implement the next generation software architecture for Precor products. Additionally you will shape the development processes to deliver complex functionality in a reliable and timely manner.
The Senior Software Engineer role is integral to the success of Precor’s delivery of fitness equipment software. The role demands both software architecture work and hands-on coding throughout a project lifecycle. The role additionally works with members of other teams to help align tasks, schedules, and address any issues as they arise. This role will appeal to an individual who is driven by an innovative spirit, sees solutions where others see challenges, and craves an entrepreneurial environment.
• Implement UI widgets in Qt targeting Linux
• Learn and work with compiler tools for an embedded systems product
• Provide the technical vision and leadership to enable rapid software innovation
• Work with product management and designers to iteratively develop functionality
• Identify and capitalize on code re-use or integration opportunities
• Work with network-enabled application programming interface
• Facilitate coding, unit-test, and peer review practices
• Directly contribute application code to support application features and updates
• Work across teams to triage and resolve development and test issues
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
• 6+ years coding experience in C/C++, Java, or another object-oriented language
• 3+ years coding experience with Qt and GUI development
• 2+ years coding experience in QML
• 2+ years working with a Linux operating system and the GNU toolchain
• 1+ years hands-on software development for embedded systems products
• Experience with code management and bug tracking tools
• Hands-on experience working with software in a consumer electronics product
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated passion for pushing the envelope
• BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience with Scrum or other agile methodology
• Experience with one or more unit test frameworks
• Hands-on experience working with XML schemas and files
Apply: Go to http://www.precor.com/en-us/career-opportunities
Founded in 1980, Seattle-based Precor is a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation (www.amersports.com), the world's largest sports equipment company, with internationally recognized brands that include Wilson, Atomic, Suunto, Salomon, Mavic and Arc’Teryx.
For more than 30 years, Precor has been inspiring people to live a life in motion. Precor world headquarters are located in Woodinville, WA with additional domestic operations in Whitsett, North Carolina.
Precor is the #1 supplier of fitness equipment to many of the world’s biggest fitness chains, including 24 Hour Fitness, Gold’s Gym, Anytime Fitness, and YMCA. Precor is also a preferred fitness equipment supplier to Hilton Hotels worldwide.
With a vision to be the world’s most recognized and respected brand in health and fitness, Precor manufactures and sells premium fitness equipment for the home and commercial environment, including:
• Cardio Equipment, e.g. Ellipticals (EFX®), Treadmills, the Adaptive Motion Trainer® (AMT®) and Bikes
• Strength Training Systems
• Fitness Entertainment Products (e.g. Personal Viewing Screens (PVS), Audio Transmitters/Receivers)
• Network Fitness
Why You Should Join the Precor Team
• Dynamic, forward thinking company leading the industry in product innovation
• Rewards and recognition for superior performance
• Collaborative environment fostering teamwork and accountability
• Opportunity to work for a company that positively impacts people’s lives
• Exceptional benefits program including profit sharing, generous 401(k) match, and free on-site gym access
• Superior employee discounts on Precor and other Amer Sports Corporation brand products