Qt/C++ Software Engineer Needed ASAP @ Poken (3-6 month contract, remote work)
Poken SA looking for experienced Nokia Qt/C++ software engineers to help design and develop the next generation of social media applications for the Nokia platform. The position is a 3-6 month contract position. We are looking for people who have a proven success of developing and deploying Nokia applications in the Ovi store to work remotely with our existing teams in Switzerland and Romania. Preferred candidates hold a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2+ years of related experience. Fluency in English required, both written and spoken. More on: "www.poken.com/jobs":www.poken.com/jobs
Poken SA is a fast growing global start-up with offices in Lausanne, San Francisco and Romania, and sales in over 25 countries. Poken is “your social business card”, a USB device that allows you to share your contact details and social networking profiles like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter in real life. Poken has attracted significant media attention around the world, and has won a number of awards for innovation and excellence. More on: "www.poken.com":www.poken.com
Skills and Experience :
- Professional experience developing mobile applications with the Nokia SDK.
- Experience using Nokia SDKs, Location, Sensor, Address book, Camera.
- Proven experience with Nokia/Qt/Symbian development technologies.
- Experience with XML technologies like JAXB, XSD, XSLT
- Experience in developing code which consumes web services from third parties, such as social network API’s.
- Understanding or experience with web services such as REST
Personal Attributes :
- Ability to communicate with teams at worldwide locations over phone, email, or IM
- Demonstrate perfection, accuracy and thoroughness, display commitment to excellence, look for ways to improve and promote quality, monitor own work to ensure quality
- Genuine passion for innovative products, social media and greatness. Must be awesome :-)
[edited for easier readability - Alexandra]
Hello is this position for Embedded Qt experts or for Nokia Device application development?
The position is for the development of a consumer social network/media application that will run on a Nokia Symbian NFC-enabled phone.