Quick Start with Qt Contribution
tucnak last edited by VRonin
C'mon, let's start contribute to Qt!
Everyday I wake with thoughts to make Qt World a bit better. Everyday I work on my apps written in Qt. Everyday I contribute to KDE and I wish to contribute to Qt. Every day, I try to tell the world what is Qt.
We are Qt Developer Network - we are Qt Community. Why can't we make it just a bit better? I believe that every Breeder and few Robots can do it. We just need to discuss more about it and make our decision.
In this topic I want to post some useful links which can help you to start. The most important part here is to start.
The way of samurai (coding contribution):
- Read about Qt Contribution on the Qt Project - "Contribute to Qt":http://qt-project.org/contribute
- Deal with "Qt Contribution Guidelines":http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-Contribution-Guidelines
- Deal with "Qt Coding Style":http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt_Coding_Style - it's very important part of contribution. Your code must be strictly aligned with it.
- Deal with "Qt Coding Conventions":http://qt-project.org/wiki/Coding-Conventions - also very important
- If you don't know what to contribute, just visit "Qt Bug Tracker":https://bugreports.qt-project.org/ and try to choose smth good for you.
- Deal with chosen theme and make your solution really planned.
- Deal with "Qt Contribution Wiki":http://wiki.qt-project.org/Main_Page
- Code your solution
- Submit it!
Anyway, you can contribute to Qt without making any code, I am talking about Community Work, Writing Documentation and Tutorials, Report Bugs, Support Users. In this case you should deal with "Qt Contribution on the Qt Project":# Deal with "Qt Coding Conventions":http://qt-project.org/wiki/Coding-Conventions.
If you have some problems or issues, just start a thread here (in Qt Contribution Forum) - we will help you;)
BelenMuñoz last edited by
Thanks for your post!!
I'm very interested on it, but I'm very busy at the moment.
I've joined the group and hope I'll get some help when I start my contributions.
kurt.pattyn last edited by
It is indeed not so easy to find your way in how to start/proceed.