Quick Start with Qt Contribution
C'mon, let's start contribute to Qt!
Everyday I wake with thoughts to make Qt World a bit better. Everyday I work on my apps written in Qt. Everyday I contribute to KDE and I wish to contribute to Qt. Every day, I try to tell the world what is Qt.
We are Qt Developer Network - we are Qt Community. Why can't we make it just a bit better? I believe that every Breeder and few Robots can do it. We just need to discuss more about it and make our decision.
In this topic I want to post some useful links which can help you to start. The most important part here is to start.
The way of samurai (coding contribution):
- Read about Qt Contribution on the Qt Project - "Contribute to Qt":http://qt-project.org/contribute
- Deal with "Qt Contribution Guidelines":http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-Contribution-Guidelines
- Deal with "Qt Coding Style":http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt_Coding_Style - it's very important part of contribution. Your code must be strictly aligned with it.
- Deal with "Qt Coding Conventions":http://qt-project.org/wiki/Coding-Conventions - also very important
- If you don't know what to contribute, just visit "Qt Bug Tracker":https://bugreports.qt-project.org/ and try to choose smth good for you.
- Deal with chosen theme and make your solution really planned.
- Deal with "Qt Contribution Wiki":http://wiki.qt-project.org/Main_Page
- Code your solution
- Submit it!
Anyway, you can contribute to Qt without making any code, I am talking about Community Work, Writing Documentation and Tutorials, Report Bugs, Support Users. In this case you should deal with "Qt Contribution on the Qt Project":# Deal with "Qt Coding Conventions":http://qt-project.org/wiki/Coding-Conventions.
If you have some problems or issues, just start a thread here (in Qt Contribution Forum) - we will help you;)
Thanks for your post!!
I'm very interested on it, but I'm very busy at the moment.
I've joined the group and hope I'll get some help when I start my contributions.
It is indeed not so easy to find your way in how to start/proceed.